Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

nonamejohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how keys can fall under the "warez" category. You literally cannot copyright a number, and all a key is is a number. I'm not protesting per se, just saying that's really, really odd.
It's not illegal per-say, just that the site doesn't have the funds to challenge Nintendo legally if it escalates beyond a takedown.

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That article merely states that there is a school of thought that believes there is a such thing as an illegal number, there's no legal precedent anywhere that would actually support such a definition.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not illegal per-say, just that the site doesn't have the funds to challenge Nintendo legally if it escalates beyond a takedown.

I guess I get that.

twc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! No rush, take your time, but I have to imagine that mode is fun with proper battle maps.
Update, my console keep cracking :( i don't know why, i think i may have done something with the Battle_muunt.byaml (course data) or something before because i remember having this issue but not sure :/ ill keep you posted on what i can do, i might have the old files on my commuter somewhere

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, my console keep cracking :( i don't know why, i think i may have done something with the Battle_muunt.byaml (course data) or something before because i remember having this issue but not sure :/ ill keep you posted on what i can do, i might have the old files on my commuter somewhere

Ah, Well no worries. I'll keep a look out if ya do get a video up at some point.

Filzek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen! The Keys to IOSU will lead to FIX all consoles again. Does't matter what they are made of... (problems).... So, all flash memories will be fixed, even boot. Off course will need a nand flasher in some situation... maybe a CFW to only fix boot to restore will be released... no worries...

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis

OpenSource

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious if anyone knows if it's possible to replicate, or hack NFC chips. I'm not well versed in this area, but it would be pretty cool if there were an app that transmits the NFC data from a device, like an Android phone, to the Wiipad and produces the same result as an Amiibo. Anyone know if this sort of thing is possible to make? It could be interesting.

y0shim@ri0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is already a device, and even software for it.

Edit: dont quote me on this, but it's been done with a Standard NFC reader by someone on this fourm.

Last edited by y0shim@ri0,

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no reason to update, all of the exploits and new software will be available for 5.3.2 as well (and since the WebKit exploit is more stable on 5.3.2, you definitely shouldn't upgrade). And even if that wasn't true, you could probably just to a disc update to the relevant firmware.

That's wrong the IOSU's webkit exploit (8Yellow'exploit) is not even works for 5.3.2, so don't expect compatibility with 5.3.2 in day one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw