Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

dibas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
heyo. i've been trying to avoid temp for a while but i feel like it's important to voice this: ddd (loadiine) dumps effectively destroy information, from an archival standpoint, since they make fake xmls that work just enough for a ppc-level loader.
when iosuhax go public, you'll pretty much want to redump everything. i imagine you can rework ddd dumps into installable format (i haven't tried, i've only installed my own disks), but this is just a pile of hacks compared to distributing a clean disk image or raw CDN contents.
also, distributing titlekeys is... less than ideal for a handful of reasons. it'd be wise to quit while you're ahead and try to avoid that on the wii u. distributing CDN contents with a titlekey can last forever... decades, centuries, whatever. just distributing a titlekey will stop working the instant Nintendo decides it will - directly or indirectly.

Hi,

Thank you for expressing your concerns. As far as I can remember, direct access to the title xmls with kernel rights has not been proven possible so far. There may of course be an indirect way of accessing them, maybe a workaround like the one found for meta-folder dumping, but I don't remember anyone sharing anything related so far.

DDD is indeed a bunch of glued-together workarounds (rpx dumping, xml generation, meta dumping), but this is "as good as it gets" at the moment, unless someone else steps up and starts contributing (dumping CDN contents while being downloaded for titles without available titlekeys, for example?).

We shall see whether the current dumps will work when/if iosu exploits go public (mind you, there is still a huge difference between "good enough to be installed as a title" and proper archival for the history of this console; WUD's are going to be as good as it gets for that one, imho.)

I agree that the current situation is a bit worrying though.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no more countdowns guys. We´ve all learned it from Hykem...
oh it's must be finger-lickin' good time! 11 herbs and spices here we come.

Well,Colonel Sanders p0wns chicken.

"I'm a little verklempt."
"Talk amongst yourselves,"
"I'll give you a topic,"
CtrlChicken is neither in Control or Chicken."Discuss."

#ColonelSanders_p0wnschicken

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Given the fact that this thread isn't exploding right now, I take it I haven't missed much while I was away?
Nope not at all just a little and most likely fake iosu countdown that is for July 25, In days like this i just wish that the H Guy or MN1 still be posting information or something good they actually make me feel that progress was been made but meh i think those days are over /:

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Is there any WUP Installer alternative around that actually shows you how far the installation process is? If not, why not?

Besides, what's the best way to install game updates? The original site seems to be either not functioning correctly or it tends to just break the update at some point for some reason.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any WUP Installer alternative around that actually shows you how far the installation process is? If not, why not?

Besides, what's the best way to install game updates? The original site seems to be either not functioning correctly or it tends to just break the update at some point for some reason.
The elf binary of wup installer shows the progress, supports nand and usb install, and updating games with it works very well.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Look for the ultimate hacking guide sticky thread
omfg this is all I've ever asked for, that's amazing :D

And to everyone who thought we don't have any progress in the Wii U Scene: Here we have one :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now all we still need is a "direct update download" homebrew app :P

Mathew_Wi

bye
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope not at all just a little and most likely fake iosu countdown that is for July 25, In days like this i just wish that the H Guy or MN1 still be posting information or something good they actually make me feel that progress was been made but meh i think those days are over /:

It wasn't necessarily a fake countdown. It was a broken Javascript countdown that I never bothered to fix. But as the IOSU Exploit currently is, it's pretty useless, so it wouldn't even be worth sharing.
If anyone has the ability, I'm looking for someone to help with a ROP chain on ARM so MN1 and I's work can progress. We have basic IOSU userspace right now (using that bug that was leaked, also known as Hykem's bug), but MN1 has been gone for a good while. So if you do have experience, PM me. 5.3.2 is required as well, for now anyways.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
It wasn't necessarily a fake countdown. It was a broken Javascript countdown that I never bothered to fix. But as the IOSU Exploit currently is, it's pretty useless, so it wouldn't even be worth sharing.
If anyone has the ability, I'm looking for someone to help with a ROP chain on ARM so MN1 and I's work can progress. We have basic IOSU userspace right now (using that bug that was leaked, also known as Hykem's bug), but MN1 has been gone for a good while. So if you do have experience, PM me. 5.3.2 is required as well, for now anyways.
Why 5.3.2? Isn't this chicken bug thingy literally in firmwares 2.0.0 to 5.5.1?
Just curious. :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1