Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
But IOSU is a big part of it to gain hardware access. Together with a full kernel exploit, there should be no reason to not have goodies like EmuNAND and USBloaders. Getting someone interested to develop and release one is something different altogether, since most devs are not interested in supporting "backup loaders".
this, if someone can manage it yes, but as for hykem doing it, here is a real post, no bitching off anyone about piracy, this is about homebrew.

<hykem> Obfuscated or not, Nintendo will be able the patch it relatively quickly. I'm more focused on hindering piracy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't answer questions if you don't know what you're talking about...
i know some things, not all obviously.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
this, if someone can manage it yes, but as for hykem doing it, here is a real post, no bitching off anyone about piracy, this is about homebrew.

<hykem> Obfuscated or not, Nintendo will be able the patch it relatively quickly. I'm more focused on hindering piracy.
Quote pls. (Also Quote(or source) or it didn't happen)

i know some things, not all obviously.
Don't answer the ones you don't XD

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Quote pls. (Also Quote(or source) or it didn't happen)

Don't answer the ones you don't XD
happy?

2v9upoh.jpg

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Even IF this is a real quote, what's there to hinder? Loadiine has already achieved almost perfect compatibility. Obfuscating the exploit likely won't get in the way of enabling downgrades, so anyone who wants to pirate simply has to downgrade to 5.4, and use Loadiine through the current kernel exploit for backup loading.

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Even IF this is a real quote, what's there to hinder? Loadiine has already achieved almost perfect compatibility. Obfuscating the exploit likely won't get in the way of enabling downgrades, so anyone who wants to pirate simply has to downgrade to 5.4, and use Loadiine through the current kernel exploit for backup loading.
yup no problem with this, Im just glad things are a bit clearer that people on here will have to do work if they want things like loadiine on iosu.

drewl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Сука блять пизда ебать хуй
About the only words I know in Russian and can type with my Russian keyboard on my phone XD (Ps. probably shouldn't translate them if you're under 12...)
ha ha ha, only freaks write this words, dont repeat it

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if thats true i suppose backups of games u really own would not work also? would that mean no USB,SD loading. I dont really understand how that could even be done if he release a IOSU exploit and from what i read is that is full controll to do anything with the wii u.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
if thats true i suppose backups of games u really own would not work also? would that mean no USB,SD loading. I dont really understand how that could even be done if he release a IOSU exploit and from what i read is that is full controll to do anything with the wii u.
I don't know either... Obfuscation doesn't really work that way, if a homebrew has access to the proper services any kind of obfuscation is not going to help against using the correct service to just launch a title from USB without checking sigs, but if Hykem really said so I guess in this case it does?

Really wanted to get on #WiiUDev IRC, but get this message everytime :(
"#WiiUDev Cannot join channel (+b)"
On EFNET which I believe is the correct one so IDK why I'm getting this...
EDIT: I was using browser, apparently you need to use proper IRC client...

Last edited by MRJPGames,

n00b2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
true, but lots of people will be disappointed. Maybe other hackers will continue his work, or he will somehow block things. I don`t know I`m just a n00b.^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1