Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmhm, I wonder how will it be possible to host the exploit locally, without connecting to internet for us with lesser routers that dont allow block lists. :(

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i need to block my settings as i had the update sitting on my system whats the easy way to block those updates. i know i can use the search but the sit is a bit overloaded

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmhm, I wonder how will it be possible to host the exploit locally, without connecting to internet for us with lesser routers that dont allow block lists. :(
The code is on Github, it will be possible to have the webpage running locally.

Apache/NginX (put files in var/www/site_folder), or maybe for Windows Xampp (put files in htdocs/site_folder) is the easiest way. :)

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmmm sounds like site blocking is still easier :o
The OpenDNS method for blocking:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-blocking-wiiu-update-domains-with-opendns.385996/

Hosting a site locally isn't rocket science. :P
Get a local server running, like XAMPP, put your website in the htdocs folder, and test it by going to "localhost:80/site_folder". (The ":80" is optional.)
To reach it from a other device in your local network, get the local ip adres of the computer which is running the server. (Windows: Cmd > ipconfig)
So it would become: "192.168.1.123:80/site_folder" for example.

Last edited by Adr990,

ronopotomus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! I just updated my dusty waiting in the wind (2nd) exploitable console using Mario Party 10 while streaming Nintendo's E3 Digital Treehouse. All while my son is playing the new Smash 4 DLC on his Gateway enhanced 3ds. Very exciting! What a great day :)

mary1517

Trophies
Website
www.behance.net
XP
Country
Poland
At least one thing today that makes me happy.:grog:
Cheering for you guys. Develope something cool w/ that expolits! Something better then Nintendo is developing. :glare:
I had a bad day today, then in the evening nintendo showed the digital event and this was bad as well. Now I'm going to sleep. I hope tomorrow will be better.

zongalito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
At least one thing today that makes me happy.:grog:
Cheering for you guys. Develope something cool w/ that expolits! Something better then Nintendo is developing. :glare:
I had a bad day today, then in the evening nintendo showed the digital event and this was bad as well. Now I'm going to sleep. I hope tomorrow will be better.
wait what? what did i miss today? why is everybody happy from all of sudden?

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, here it finally is: the 5.3.2 browser exploit. Sadly it's not quite complete yet, since all but the most trivial C programs (like printing messages) seem to fail for unexplained reasons. I had hoped to resolve this before releasing, but given that tonight is almost over and I want to get something out, I think this is a fair compromise. Don't take what's in here as done, though you can play around with it if you want. :)

I definitely wasn't the only person working on this. None of this would have been possible without Hykem finding and developing an exploit for the WebKit bug used, or without Mathew_Wi turning that into basic execution control. Make sure to thank them too.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well, here it finally is: the 5.3.2 browser exploit. Sadly it's not quite complete yet, since all but the most trivial C programs (like printing messages) seem to fail for unexplained reasons. I had hoped to resolve this before releasing, but given that tonight is almost over and I want to get something out, I think this is a fair compromise. Don't take what's in here as done, though you can play around with it if you want. :)

I definitely wasn't the only person working on this. None of this would have been possible without Hykem finding and developing an exploit for the WebKit bug used, or without Mathew_Wi turning that into basic execution control. Make sure to thank them too.
OMG! So happy! Great work Mario, NWP, Hykem, Mathew_wi and everyone else!

Reactions: zongalito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over