Wii U games without gamepad usage?

Codycmpz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, my Wii U came without a gamepad, wich was obvious due to its exageratedly low price, and asked a friend to lend me thiers, the problem is that rn i don´t have for a gamepad and i have to give him the gamepad back, so, before doing so, i wanted to know any games that allow playing without gamepad (not just muyltiplayer, but story mode also if possible), aside from Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World and Bros. U and SM4SH, i would like your help :) (also, i don´t have a wii u controller plus, just wiimotes w/ nunchucks and a classic controller)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some stages in 3d world force you to use the gamepad, but I think the game is beatable without it as you can avoid those stages. most, if not all, have a branching path of some sort to avoid the stages. can't play the captain toad stages either. you can play the entire game on the switch without using touch controls and use motion controls with the pro controller, but some of the motion controls with a pro controller are awkward as fuck, especially if you ever play captain toad.

Codycmpz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
some stages in 3d world force you to use the gamepad, but I think the game is beatable without it as you can avoid those stages. most, if not all, have a branching path of some sort to avoid the stages. can't play the captain toad stages either. you can play the entire game on the switch without using touch controls and use motion controls with the pro controller, but some of the motion controls with a pro controller are awkward as fuck, especially if you ever play captain toad.
yeah, i said that because i already knew about the stage skipping branches (these were made in case something happened to the wii u gamepad)

Reactions: godreborn

AQS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, my Wii U came without a gamepad, wich was obvious due to its exageratedly low price, and asked a friend to lend me thiers, the problem is that rn i don´t have for a gamepad and i have to give him the gamepad back, so, before doing so, i wanted to know any games that allow playing without gamepad (not just muyltiplayer, but story mode also if possible), aside from Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World and Bros. U and SM4SH, i would like your help :) (also, i don´t have a wii u controller plus, just wiimotes w/ nunchucks and a classic controller)

Not sure if this helps, but you could look into using HID to Vpad = Link
It allows you to emulate the the gamepad with something like a PRO controller. (I know you said you only have wiimotes and nunchucks , but perhaps something to consider buying in the future ) .. or if you have other controllers laying around the the house, HID to Vpad supports a few non-nintendo controllers too )

In my case, I bought a Mayflash NS adapter and I am using a Switch PRO controller to emulate the Gamepad (this of course is only emulating the buttons of the gamepad , not the touchscreen etc)

Last edited by AQS,
Reactions: Codycmpz

Codycmpz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not sure if this helps, but you could look into using HID to Vpad = Link
It allows you to emulate the the gamepad with something like a PRO controller. (I know you said you only have wiimotes and nunchucks , but perhaps something to consider buying in the future ) .. or if you have other controllers laying around the the house, HID to Vpad supports a few non-nintendo controllers too )

In my case, I bought a Mayflash NS adapter and I am using a Switch PRO controller to emulate the Gamepad (this of course is only emulating the buttons of the gamepad , not the touchscreen etc)
sounds good, but my only controls are those (and a classic controller), and some ps2 controllers, wich aren't bluetooth paired (not wireless), i was just wondering about the games in the time i get a gamepad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk