Wii U gamepad touch screen a a few button no longer work

Sugarroses

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently finish hacking with Tiramisu , Aroma and NUSspli and when i went to download a ds game on NUSspli and started the game suddently it told me the nintendo ID did not own the game and ask me if i wanted to buy it. Shortly after A/B and touch screen button stopped responding everything else work and using a WII Mote also work. Is it coincidence or did NUSspli break my gamepad?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For the error about the deleted NNID: You are missing sigpatches (see https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu/sd-preparation?id=what-you-need - this file works for Aroma, too, you just have to copy it into the specific Aroma folder).

For the buttons: Not sure what's going on here but I would say this is an unrelated error. Might be just some dirt between the buttons and the PCB so my advise would be to open the gamepad and clean the PCB. Just take some isoprophyl alcohol and a qtip, suck the alcohol with the qtip, then carefully clean the button contacts with this. Do not put excessive alcohol onto the PCB through as in case this will flow into the screen it won't get out of there ever again and your screen will look ugly! So only use the qtip to apply the alcohol where needed.

As BaamAlex said: If NUSspli would kill gamepads we would know this already and put the downloads offline as we don't want to kill your hardware.

//EDIT: In case anyone wonders why it is possible to install titles without sigpatches: NUSspli is applying temporary sigpatches, so installations won't fail. This is just a subset of the real sigpatches through, allowing to install but not to play unsigned content. Also these temporary sigpatches get reverted when exiting NUSspli.

//EDIT²: These temporary sigpatches get reverted to whatever was there before applying them, so Tiramisu/Aroma sigpatches won't get deactivated but in case you have no sigpatches, like the OP, it gets reverted to not having sigpatches.

//EDIT³: Wait, @Sugarroses , I overlooked that the touch stopped to work, too. This is a common issue but you don't have to open the gamepad to fix this. This is caused by dirt (like a sandcorn) wandering between the screen and the housing, causing an off-screen touch event which in return blocks real touch events... So look at the rand of the screen if you find this piece of dirt, then carefully put it out of there with some small needle (or better some not-sharp object to not scratch the screen by accident). This might fix the A/B buttons, too (my guess is that the software priritises touch over button events, so this off-screen touch event blocks the buttons, too).

Last edited by V10lator,
  • Love
Reactions: ber71 and BaamAlex

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why think the app has damaged your gamepad when it must be just that your gamepad is out of order?
I'm sure your try another gamepad and it would work....Some accessories can fall out of order by themselves you know?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later