Wii U freezing in the start menu

Piroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I own two Wii Us. The first Wii U is fully functional, up to date, and soft-modded with Aroma. The other Wii U freezes in the start menu, isn't up to date, and isn't modded. It was used by me when I was young. Maybe six to eight. I don't remember what I did to it. Currently, when I turn it on I can select a profile and create new profiles, when making a new profile I can even create a new Mii. Everything up to here works fine but once I select the profile and boot into the start menu it freezes.

What I've tried:
- Syncing a new gamepad
- Creating a new profile
- Deleting the original profile
- Removing and reinserting the battery
- Using some button combos I've read about (X + B + Y + A), (ZR + ZL + R + L)
- Trying to use udpih_nxpayload (did not boot into recovery mode even though I followed the instructions and the Switch said it succeeded)

I've ordered a Rasberry Pi Pico to see if the udpih payload works and attempt to fix the Wii U but it arrives tomorrow. Is there anything else I can try while waiting?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It freezes before showing the Wii U Menu or does it only freeze once you try to launch something from the Wii U Menu?

If the firmware is not 5.5.x USPIH won't work, but we could still use the Pico for defuse if nothing else helps.

Piroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It freezes before showing the Wii U Menu or does it only freeze once you try to launch something from the Wii U Menu?

If the firmware is not 5.5.x USPIH won't work, but we could still use the Pico for defuse if nothing else helps.
It freezes once the Wii U menu loads in. On the gamepad, I can see all of the apps except for any physical games and on the screen, I can see WaraWara Plaza. WaraWara plaza doesn't fully load though. The Wii U has the TVii app so I think it is under 5.5.0. I'll look into getting everything I need for defuse.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On the 5.5.5 firmware it freezes as soon as you try to load a game if the BT module is broken. But on the older firmware it might behave differently.
Can you try syncing a wii mote on the user selection screen? (not sure if it lets you do that)

Piroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I don't have a pro controller either. I used to have two wii motes but they broke from water damage

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You could also make a shot in the dark and try swapping the wireless modules with the other Wii U

Piroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a wii mote from a used games store and it connected just fine. Personally, I just think the start menu is corrupted but I don't know much about wii us.

Piroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used bluubomb with the install_wup kernel and the wii u just froze. The kernel was the only think on the sd card.

Piroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I read up on de_fuse and it says you need an otp.bin. Can the opt.bin from my working wii u be used?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto