Wii U firmware upon initial startup

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Coman28, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Coman28
    OP

Coman28 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    United States
    First of all, hello to everybody! I am new here but I am not new to the website and these guides have gotten me so far. Anyway, back to the subject. I am buying a Wii U this week in hopes to run Loadiine. Now. Can you install loadiine upon starting the wii u up for the first time? Like, without updating it. Or is absolutely necessary to update the wii as soon as you start it up? Also, which Wii U bundle has the best firmware currently for Loadiine? I dont want to buy a brand new Wii U and have to update it past the required firmware for loadiine. If that's the case, ill just get the 3DS. Thanks!

2. ihateu3

ihateu3 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    You do not want to update your wii u at all. Do not connect it to the internet, or it will auto update itself. Read the stickies at the top of the thread.

3. Coman28
    OP

Coman28 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    United States
    Okay. Then is there any way to rip my own wii u games from the disc for loadiine?

4. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    To add a caviat to that, you should check what firmware your consoles comes with. If it has an ancient firmware, then you might want to upgrade to 5.3.2.

However, upgrade using a game - NOT from the internet.

5. Net-KILLER

Net-KILLER computer says no

Oct 22, 2009
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    in a pineapple under the sea

6. N3wbs

N3wbs Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2016
    Canada
    For any question just pm me ..

Im running loadiine gx2 1.0v
    I have white wii on 5.4.0 fw spoofed 5.5.1.. I can play with my original disk online without updating .. You need to use tubehax dns method.
    Im playing maybe 25 games with the Mimaker mode .. You dont need smash bros game anymore for running games on miimaker mode