Wii U Failed System Update?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jchillin111, Aug 23, 2018.

1. jchillin111
    OP

jchillin111 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

So, for some preface, I just got CBHC successfully, works great!

Now, I turned on my Wii U this morning, and it said there was a failed download, I open download management and it says to me that there was a "Failed System Update" on my Wii U. I am on 5.5.2 Firmware, which I thought was the latest firmware for the Wii U, so I'm not really sure what this is or what I should do.

Should I try clicking on it?

I did put up some DNS protection which was recommended to prevent my Wii U from updating, ultimately to protect it from bricking, so maybe that's why this is showing up, but I'm not really sure. What do I do?

It's so annoying constantly seeing "failed download" as a notification when I'm playing a game or just browsing the Wii U homepage. I really would like a fix for this

Last edited by jchillin111, Aug 23, 2018
  2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    The "failed" update actually means that it failed to check for updates due to the DNS block. This is normal.

jchillin111 likes this.
  3. jchillin111
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    Oh wow OK cool! Good to know! Is there a way to get rid of these updates saying "failed to download" safely? Can I just delete the message in any way?

4. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    There isn't really any way to get rid of it without removing the DNS block or turning off Wi-Fi entirely. (There might be a hack available, but I'm unaware of one.)

jchillin111 likes this.
  5. jchillin111
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    I appreciate you letting me know, I've learned so much in just the past 3 days. Thanks again!

6. jesus96

jesus96 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    Mexico
    so basically you are seing this?

[​IMG]

this is normal, just ignore it

jchillin111 likes this.