Hardware Wii U error -5 at boot

Do you have any Nand backup or can you acces the home menu?

• No, I don't have any backups..

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, I can't access the home menu

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Pepeu557

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Show a screen shot of inside your SD:/wiiu folder
upload_2019-8-23_15-56-23.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Everything seems to be in the right place, Idk what's missing =[

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if you have the .rpx of homebrew launcher that could be the problem I know it was for me once, I had to use the older .elf. IIRC I got the same -5 upon boot.

Pepeu557

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah if you have the .rpx of homebrew launcher that could be the problem I know it was for me once, I had to use the older .elf. IIRC I got the same -5 upon boot.
Well, Even without the .rpx file I still get the -5 error =[

Remove the .rpx and retry.
Still -5 =/

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your only option that I can think of is get a Pro controller and use it with usb attached, I think that would work but I'm not 100% sure it would let you navigate with it in the Homebrew Launcher menu. Other than that I think you're fucked. The previous owner really did a solid job of screwing up his Wii U, and I think he sold you a gamepad that was never synced to the console because it makes no sense for it not to be synced.

Last edited by EmulateLife,
Reactions: wicksand420

Pepeu557

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your only option that I can think of is get a Pro controller and use it with usb attached, I think that would work but I'm not 100% sure it would let you navigate with it in the Homebrew Launcher menu. Other than that I think you're fucked. The previous owner really did a solid job of screwing up his Wii U, and I think he sold you a gamepad that was never synced to the console because it makes no sense for it not to be synced.
Yeah true lmao, You think if I get a pro controller with USB cable will work? never thought about it, might help

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't test, the pro controller I had was a knockoff, and is now thoroughly dead.

This is definitely cbhc, do you think they told it to autoboot loadiine, it would be stupid, but maybe.

You could try to put every homebrew you can find into the wiiu/apps folder, this may work

@FIX94 do you know a way to help this guy?

Last edited by wicksand420,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't test, the pro controller I had was a knockoff, and is now thoroughly dead.

This is definitely cbhc, do you think they told it to autoboot loadiine, it would be stupid, but maybe.

I am unaware of a way to Autoboot Loadiine not saying it's not possible but I am unaware of a way. From the options I see that are there maybe it's set to Mocha CFW and he doesn't have it on his card? or maybe vWii Homebrew Channel?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am unaware of a way to Autoboot Loadiine not saying it's not possible but I am unaware of a way. From the options I see that are there maybe it's set to Mocha CFW and he doesn't have it on his card? or maybe vWii Homebrew Channel?
Someone made a cbhc mod that made it so you could autoboot just about any homebrew

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe looking at this might help us help this guy, if in fact this is the version of cbhc installed.

Oh so it's just added options but you can't add any homebrew I guess. Oh well.
I think there is a way to add you own stuff to it, but I think you have to compile it.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah true lmao, You think if I get a pro controller with USB cable will work? never thought about it, might help

I thought you had pro controller thats why I said plug it in the usb port (you have any used game stores near you buy a used one and return it after)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if we figure out which homebrew it's set to launch I don't think he can sync his gamepad in any homebrew app, I could be wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out