Wii U downloading games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Rdpruitt, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Rdpruitt
    OP

Rdpruitt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2018
    United States
    ok a few things.(I haven’t hacked my Wii U yet, and I will or won’t depending on these answers)

So Nintendo just released the update that broke everything like free shop for the 3ds. Did this effect the Wii U too?

And if the Wii U is not effected by the update, is there something like freeshop on the Wii U itself that doesn’t need a separate computer?

And if I use the computer game download thing, will i get an email warning from my WiFi provider not to download those things, like when a torrent is downloaded?

Last edited by Rdpruitt, Aug 25, 2018
  2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    currently, the wii u is unaffected and likely stay that way. Nintendo doesn't seem to care about that console much anyway. I know of no way to download content to the wii u directly. unlikely about getting an email from your isp, you're downloading from Nintendo's servers.

Hayato213 likes this.
  3. AmandaRose

AmandaRose The Fallen Angel

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Ok so for question1

No the Wiiu Is not effected

Qustion 2

No only pc programs exist

Question 3

Entirely depends on which country you are in for instance here in Scotland internet provider's don't care what or how much you download.

4. Rdpruitt
    OP

Rdpruitt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2018
    United States
    Thanks. Can anyone from US answer the 3rd question

5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    ISP doesn't really care what you download, but if your hit your network bandwidth limit for the moment, you might get an email saying your speed would be slow down, shouldn't be too crazy unless you be downloading like couple TB a month.

6. Rdpruitt
    OP

Rdpruitt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2018
    United States
    My WiFi is truly unlimited, but when I downloaded (then deleted) a torrent, an email came from my wifi provider as a warning that if I kept downloading those they would shut off my WiFi

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    No, a lot of people download file via torrent, so it is fine, just delete them when you are done with them if you want to avoid getting into legal problem, but nobody have really got into legal problem unless you start file sharing on sites, then you might get in trouble that way.

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    if you use torrents, you might want to check out vpn's. I don't know much about them (never used them since I would use usenet) aside from them being a way to protect yourself.

9. Rdpruitt
    OP

Rdpruitt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2018
    United States
    Thanks guys. Is it worth it to hack my Wii U? If I did, I would have to spend around 30 bucks for a external self powered hard drive. (Do you guys think 320gb is enough?)

And is it possible to get Wii games for free on a hacked Wii U? Or at least dump the Wii games I have to the hard drive? I know this is possible with Wii U games.

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    the system has some true gems, but several are already on the switch. that size of hdd should be enough for the rest of them or even including those games. it's possible to get wii game injects on the wii u. I'm not sure about dumping the games though. you may have to find the isos on that iso site.

11. Rdpruitt
    OP

Rdpruitt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2018
    United States
    Ok thanks. I'm not getting a switch anytime soon. When I looked it up on Google there was no results on getting Wii games on hacked Wii u. I haven't checked that iso sight yet

12. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States