Hacking Wii U Devolution and HDD Partition Question...

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1.5TB USB HDD with Wiiflow/Devo and GameCube ISOs on it. HBC is detecting my apps and can launch Wiiflow from the HDD, but Wiiflow is not seeing the GameCube ISOs that are also on the HDD. The partition is FAT32 and was logical, but changed it to active and Primary (have not tested it yet though)... Anyone know why games are not showing up? Please help if possible and thanks :)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Make sure they are in:
USB:\games\GameID\game.iso

Replace "GameID" with whatever the game's title ID is. Some software can identify it from the ISO, but another way is just to search the title on here: http://www.gametdb.com/Wii
If you search "Wind Waker" you'll get links to the different versions, one for each region. The fourth letter is what identifies the region, so you can just change that.
GZLE01: Americas
GZLP01: Europe
GZLJ01: Asia
GZLK01: Korea

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get Wiiflow to show my GameCube ISOs, but freezes at black screen when trying to load one, even when going through Devolution instead of Wiiflow. Anyone know what could be causing this? Thoughts appreciated :)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont mean to point out the obviouse but maybe you havnt tried or noticed. when wiiflow is loaded you probable wanna enable devolution in the setting instead of it being on auto mios. also if you open up wiiflow.ini file there it should say about dml=yes or no obviously you want it as yes. i hope this helps but this may not be your problem.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
have a look through wiiflow.ini settings. check all of them.
if your saying wiiflow shows your gamecube iso's then i guess wiiflow settings are already set :(
the hard drive or sd card you are using have you tested it on a normal wii? also maybe look at what tv you have and what settings the gamecube games are on (example pal 60mhz)

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tested it on a normal wii and the games are showing up in wiiflow, just going to black screen when trying to load game. I see settings in wiiflow ini under dml, but no setting for dml itself... Please help if possible and thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You know that you have to verify your Retail disc before being able to use Devolution?

When you launch an unverified game, it stops on a black screen with the Wii's front light is flashing.
It's waiting for you to insert the Disc of the game you want to play.
The verification process is done only once, next time it will launch the game without waiting on the black screen.

If you used a revision prior to r200, then you need to re-verify your games.
If you want to play Gamecube Games with Devolution on a WiiU, there are additional steps to follow.

Read this tutorial to use Devolution on WiiU :
http://gbatemp.net/threads/using-devolution-to-play-gamecube-games-on-a-family-wii-or-a-wiiu.350927/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1