Hacking Wii-U Bootrom dumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not about credit. It's about making a mountain out of a molehill. I don't mind my name being next to MarioNum1's on a brief note about some progress dumping the boot rom. What I don't want is for harryoke to take that and make a hilariously overblown, misinformed, sensationalist post (complete with bullshit picture) that is inevitably followed by two pages of nonsense from clueless users who have no idea what the significance of the boot rom is (at least until I jumped in and turned it into drama about the scene - and no, ideally this wouldn't be necessary, but I can't help but groan at every time this happens).

Nobody but other coders and homebrewers cares about the boot ROM being dumped. Stop reporting on every silly little step like it's the first human mission to Mars, and shut up until something that users actually care about happens. Until then, let people work in peace.

Honestly, this.
You could just as easily have added me to that list for helping marionumber1 test when his wii u was broken, but I don't really care either way, this isn't all that significant. It doesn't need all the nonsense that this caused.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody but other coders and homebrewers cares about the boot ROM being dumped. Stop reporting on every silly little step like it's the first human mission to Mars, and shut up until something that users actually care about happens. Until then, let people work in peace.

This, by the way, is why closed teams working in secret work better at an early stage (even though at the cost of allowing fewer external contributors). It lets people work in peace until something is ready for user consumption. If the scene didn't have a chronic media-whoring complex, this wouldn't be necessary and things would actually progress faster.

Aslo doesn't help when people over there see them claim it to all be done in the next week or two.

delroth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I would kill for a WiiU usb loader. :gun:

(yes I realize it will still be a while for anything to come of this, but it's a start)
Yeah it's a start. By the time it's finished the WiiU might even have a game! :lol:

Gruntzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Because they don't want their name associated with Piracy, especially enabling it.

i see , but with the release of a system mod it is mainly going to be used for the reason of playing backups " no i am not interested in running linux on my console because i already do on my pc !" or run emulators because my pc does that really well .

and let us face it the wii u needs this to happen to boost the sales of units , because i am no longer going to shell out 60$ or 50$ for a mario/donkey kong game.

in the end this is my POV

Reactions: hhs

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally WiiU ISO's aren't what I want. A great N64/PSX/DC and Saturn emulator would be super awesome though.
However, this hack will take forever and I don't think their claim of "a week's time" will happen.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let us face it the wii u needs this to happen to boost the sales , because i am no longer going to shell out 60$ or 50$ for a mario/donkey kong game :s

Game sales (3DS) are what is keeping Nintendo in business right now, you are saying that by increasing console sales they will get better... maybe for the first few weeks and then all game sales dry up.

Also, HomeBrew dev's aren't in this for Piracy, okay maybe some are but the majority are in it to run things unintended for Wii U on a WiiU.

Piracy will always happen but it is not the main reason to "Hack" something, it is merely a by-product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw