Not open for further replies.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
All I want are better emulators for N64 and PSX, those two emulators on the Wii now are severely outdated and the author refuses to update them. A port of Mupen64 Plus 2.0 and PCSX-R would be awesome :D

I agree 100% to this.
I only need the N64 emulator to be able to run my beloved RE 2 and that would be it (and no, I dont care about the other ports, just this one)

Stalkid64X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dont be silly android on a Nintendo device...

You seem confused. That's because it isn't a tablet. It isn't MEANT to be a tablet. It's a controller with a touchscreen. The DS and 3DS are not tablets, they have touchscreens. This is why it is called the Gamepad, not the Tablet. It isn't one. It's a controller for gaming. Not an idiotphone.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
You seem confused. That's because it isn't a tablet. It isn't MEANT to be a tablet. It's a controller with a touchscreen. The DS and 3DS are not tablets, they have touchscreens. This is why it is called the Gamepad, not the Tablet. It isn't one. It's a controller for gaming. Not an idiotphone.

than NINTENDO IS DOOOOOOOOOMED.

but why not? android on the console and gamepad as the touchscreen of a tablet. extra goodies for they customer wouldn't be a bad thing. by doing that Nintendo can put from of they resources into other things, and wouldnt need to put time into web browser and other stuff. where they can say just use android OS. which would give them time on making games. this way Nintendo can enter the Mobile world too, because they will have a part in the mobile world.

Sony had the right idea with the Other OS, it just that people found an exploit and the hardware was kinda lame.

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Having the dump is a good point, doing something with it is something really different.
But if it helps to sell wii u it's a good point too !

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
it may or may not have sold a wiiu or two back when F0F annouced their findings as cryptic as they were , i think i do recall some bitter users around here for saying they bought a wiiu on the strength of supposed up and coming exploit releases. But i would be staggered if anyone bought a wiiu on the strength of a bootrom exploit , and having read and watched marcans posts/conference and recently delroths blog (http://blog.delroth.net/2014/02/wii-u-bootrom-dumped-what-it-means-in-practice/) . People need to read information and understand informed comments by people and not just react to dumb fuk hysteria and imagery. Do not buy a wiiu because of this . do so if you like the games on offer or your going to be disappointed and waiting a good while to say the least before you can play your beloved warez.

Gruntzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
And this POV is why the rest of us can't have nice things. Because for some reason you think you deserve free games. Do you work for free?

Sidenote; Congratulations to those who did manage to replicate the earlier work, assuming the "media whoring" was unintended as appears. The likes of you are why, sometimes, briefly, we CAN have nice things.

in the end we both would be breaching the terms of service of the company
you homebrewing and me pirating

i never consider piracy a good morale thing , but in the end there is no way on earth for me to pay 60$ for mario or DK .

Stalkid64X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no way for me to pay for a Pagani Huayra. I still don't feel the need to go out and steal one or expect the creators to work for free.
Software is a luxury. You aren't entitled to it just because you don't feel like paying or can't afford it. If a 10/10 title like SM3DW isn't worth paying for, I don't know what is.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's interesting that there are claims Nintendo can't patch this. What if Nintendo ditched the vWii System Menu and created a whitelist for Wii software that could be launched from the Wii U menu? Theoretically, there would be no way to run this exploit in newer firmwares, right?

It also makes me wonder why Nintendo didn't integrate vWii more tightly with the Wii U to take advantage of its newer security features. On the 3DS, they don't make you launch a vDSi menu. Instead, DSi software is launched directly from the 3DS system menu.

Gruntzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
There's no way for me to pay for a Pagani Huayra. I still don't feel the need to go out and steal one or expect the creators to work for free.
Software is a luxury. You aren't entitled to it just because you don't feel like paying or can't afford it. If a 10/10 title like SM3DW isn't worth paying for, I don't know what is.

i told you , piracy isn't morale thing nor legal , i do consider it and the time and effort of the creators .

but in the end of the day i am no saint .

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A glorious day, and so fourth let the anti-piracy crew drown us in their endless tears.

Also I highly doubt Nintendo could legally without huge amounts of customer returns and complaints ditch an advertised feature of the WiiU that I know for a fact a LOT of people bought it for whilst knowing their huge catalogues of Wii games would still be compatible with it.

And Isn't it that DSiWare probably uses a lot of the same programming as that of the 3DS? We all know the Wii had all those IOSes and stuff that would just not work alongside the new Wii U software without being tied in together so deeply that it'd make working on the Wii U part without breaking the Wii support a living hell.

But what do I know? I'm not a programmer.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country

thought about this...... i brought mario 3d world for 50 fuckin quid on the eshop. after about 30 minutes into the game my asshole felt saw.... the game was a big fuckin dissapointment and clearly rushed too the shelfs with bairly any thought...... the same as the console itself

Reactions: Gruntzer

em00k

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Kippykip

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
there is no new hack , but to be fair , the same hack has been found , albeit with the help of the original hackers by a team of people that want to progress the homebrew development of the wiiu past the novelty of hacking the console. So in essence it has sensationalised the progress of these guys. It has highlighted that max and the others have made progress along side the other progress they had already made , and i guess at some point would have been highlighted as such by them .

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this thread could do with more of your contributory, productive comments. The system's struggling yes, but geez, calm your tits about Nintendo, bro

What have I said about Nintendo? I'm talking about the 75% of games that are crappy 3rd party children's shovelware. There's only a handful of games that are worth playing or paying for at this point, that is a fact.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
what pisses me off the most is this is a new console ( ment to be new gen as well) but if everything is ment to be new why the fuck is there only (mainly) upcoming releases of old fuckin vc titles...... i thought nintendo said they were gonna buck up there idea's. clearly not..... and also when they announce games they dont make it 100% clear if they are both on ds and wii u or just the ds or just the poxy wii u...i say they deserve whats up and coming :)

Reactions: Gruntzer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended