Wii then next Xbox 1?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by funnystory, Apr 8, 2009.

Apr 8, 2009

Wii then next Xbox 1? by funnystory at 8:53 PM (1,507 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. funnystory
    OP

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    Do you guys think the wii can get as good as the regular xbox hack wise?I remember hacking the xbox 1 and it was awsome.It could load games from hd,emulators,custom dashboard.etc.Do you guys think the wii will ever have a custom dash?

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Write one and load it with preloader. Next please.

3. SpAM_CAN

Member SpAM_CAN GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yes. Yes it will. It is called System Menu 3.2.

Next question?

4. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    If people could get past the 480p limitation somehow.

5. kaik541

Newcomer kaik541 Member

United States
    we can already run games from harddrive
    we already have basically all the emulators we could ever want (except for Wii64/WiiSX which are still in development phases)
    the custom dash thing, now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't BootMii comparable to a custom dash? or hell, even preloader/softmii tweak

I have both an original xbox hacked to run xbmc and such (still only the 8 GB harddrive though, too lazy to hotswap) with the evoX bios and a Wii running 4.0U with preloader .29

Once bootmii comes out, I'm willing to bet the wii will actually be tons safer than trying to mod the xbox since I don't think I've ever really worried about bricking my wii but I did worry about the xbox just because it was so specific about what needed to be done (the wii is too, its just still fairly easy to find how to do it from other people)

the wii is as good or better than the original xbox in terms of "hackability"

6. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
  7. funnystory
    OP

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    Ah I softmodded my xbox so i didnt find it hard.I always get scared when attempting something on my wii but when i do something to my xbox i know its fine.

8. User423

Member User423 GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Or it is called System Menu 4.0 [​IMG]
    I was on 3.2, then Firmware Updater on 4.0, then installed Preloader, now its perfect! [​IMG]
    It would be nice to be able to delete the "Play History" on the MessageBoard.

9. vettacossx

Ireland
    bet it would be nice to have a 3.2 recovery setup as well if you brick ....good luck with all that on 4.0 preloader has failed a good many in the past... (its fine if you only get a banner/wad brick but see what happens when you NEED starfall [​IMG] if your on 3.2 chill there for a while 4.0 IS NOT as feature rich as a modified homebrew 3.2 ....

10. kaik541

Newcomer kaik541 Member

United States
    Yeah, seriously, 4.0U is gonna eventually become the new 3.2 especially with waninkoko's updater to keep the signing bugs alive
    I can currently do everything in 4.0 you can in 3.2, there's no reason not to update as long as you follow what you're doing carefully, and if anything, I can do more than you since I also have the SD card menu... while not VITAL, it is a useful thing you don't have access to on 3.2
    Preloader and StarPatch are both working well on 4.0U, and people are porting over the custom sys menus, I saw the WinXP on this board not an hour ago for 4.0 NTSC... I've lost no functionality, and if I have we'll start getting workarounds soon enough

11. SpAM_CAN

Member SpAM_CAN GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    That's what StartPatch 4.0 is for! It has Starfall like features... like press a button on the GC controller to go to Recovery Mode.

12. vettacossx

Ireland
    really then i appologize thats important info i hadnt saw posted here all the usb threadz make the real news hit page 3 or 4 in seconds lolso it is coming along rather quickly then thats a plus

(but from modding my ds,psp,dreamcast,xbox,360 and other consoles in my time i have learned to NEVER BE HASTY [​IMG] hahahaha)

13. kaik541

Newcomer kaik541 Member

United States
    what did you mean by the sentences I made bold?

the second one you said wait for updates? updates to what? preloader works near perfectly. starpatch is just as good as starfall. BOTH have an autoboot disc option (which is what you're describing for how you fixed fully bricked wiis). and I did wait to learn from other's mistakes

I ddin't update day one, I waited. I saw the guides up for updating and many people soft-bricking their wiis. I waited until someone had a comprehensive, step-by-step guide that numerous people said "works" to where the only "bricks" were people going "one step failed but I went on to the next step anyway and now my system is broked!"