Hacking Wii Theme Team Creations

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
many years ago i managed to change the health screen on my Wii (fw 3.2 PAL)
now i've been trying to do the same but this time on my sisters Wii (fw 4.3 PAL)

using NUSdownloader to collect system menu (fw 4.3 PAL - 0000009a.app) no problem
altering the health screen (608x456) and "press A button" (608x88) icon with my own .png (RGB565) using ThemeMii to create .mym and .csc
after that i head over to "MyMenu" and i get a FATAL ERROR!
"image failed to resize! I wonder why, might be an issue with the input (script, base WAD, etc)."

this is confusing me more than all those years ago did!
any help would be much appreciated
ive replied to your pm but ill put it here for anybody else

first off your from america and you have a PAL console not a NTSC???
also if your making a csm with thememii why are you then using mymenu
you dont want the press a to be RGB565 as it will have no transparency

anyway ive made a quick mym for you that just changes the health screen
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6942312/wiithemes/justheath.mym

just replace the png files with yours
use the thememii MOD from my thread it can grab you the base app for 4.3 systems
set your menu version in the options
drag in the mym and hit create csm
copy the csm to your sd card
use mymenuify to install it on the wii

if you have any problems give me a shout also in the thememii ? drop down theres a health screen tutorial

littlecubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
first off your from america and you have a PAL console not a NTSC???

DOH! i never changed my profile location, sorry... now corrected!
i'm from the UK
if you wouldn't mind posting a PAL version i would REALLY appreciate it

littlecubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorted... don't ask!
like a plum, i was trying to into install the .mym file i created with MyMenuify-Mod...
used the older version of MyMenuify GUI v2.2 and installed the .csm :yay:
thank you for your time and patience

jjkm4a1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for keeping this collection available and updated --- I just installed the original DarkWii theme on my 4.1U Wii with no trouble at all. Looks sleek, I love it.

DonkulousPrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay, so iv'e tried many a times to make my own Monster Hunter Tri theme but with little success...well actually i did succeed in bricking my wii several times, got pretty good at unbricking it too lol. Anyways I'm pretty much here begging someone to come up with a snazzy MH Tri theme, and I'll send/give that person my MH Tri cfg loader theme. The photoshopping i've done to it isnt too shabby, maybe you could use the images in the wii theme? Please send me a message and i'll send you da goodz. Cheers all!

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hy diddy, i have a rapid question.

I don't understand which is now the "official" page:
Wii Theme Team Creations

Wii Theme Team Creations V2

I ask that because I link this page in an Italian guide, and I want only to link the correct (updated) page.

As always, thanks for your wonderful work!

thats a good question
really there is no difference between the 2 threads apart from the old site allowed more than 10 embedded videos and the new one only allows 10 per post
all of my videos on youtube point to the v2 thread so in my eyes the official one is now the v2 thread

Reactions: actar

Bizzerk

Trophies
Website
affiliatedbeatz.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is a link to some themes I have for 4.3U. Some are the same from the theme team and some are different. There is a theme called smokers and another called smokers5. Smokers5 is the theme I have been working on off of the base of the original. My version is not finished yet but coming along. I liked that version and decided to keep it. They are already in csm format and are only for 4.3U

http://www.mediafire.com/?pv37wpb744s42

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a link to some themes I have for 4.3U. Some are the same from the theme team and some are different. There is a theme called smokers and another called smokers5. Smokers5 is the theme I have been working on off of the base of the original. My version is not finished yet but coming along. I liked that version and decided to keep it. They are already in csm format and are only for 4.3U

you should remove that link m8 csm files are not allowed on this site

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How can I back up my Wii without a GC controller? In case I brick my Wii with any of those skins?

if you get a theme brick you need to load priiloader from there load HBC then mymenuify and install your base app or any other theme you know is working

all the themes we made have been tested on many different wiis to be sure they dont brick

Reactions: Hielkenator

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I've decided to try one of these but before I go through it I wanna ask a few questions, hopefully will get answered soon:

1- Is it safe to install a costume theme? I already made a back up with BootMii and I have Priiloader installed but I wanna be sure it's safe!
2- I have a Wii with firmware 4.1U should I install the 4.X one?
3- In case I wanted to go back to the original Wii menu theme is there a way to go back?

Thanks!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried it and it bricked my Wii, I tried restoring my NAND with Priiloader but it's still not working, help please! :cry:

Edit: *sniff* I looked up a tutorial and I got my original theme back, now my Wii works fine again!

sonic&adrian

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
oye tema super sonic esta mal porque querer transforma en csm me dice que hay un error que no puede encontrar dónde está esta parte de ella. Yo soy un fan de Sonic y muchas ganas de conseguir este tema en mi wii, por favor me ayude: Cry:

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oye tema super sonic esta mal porque querer transforma en csm me dice que hay un error que no puede encontrar dónde está esta parte de ella. Yo soy un fan de Sonic y muchas ganas de conseguir este tema en mi wii, por favor me ayude: Cry:

make sure your using a fresh base app for the theme and use thememii to convert the mym to a csm you can find my thememii mod on that supports 4.3 in the first post

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Will these themes work with vWii on the Wii U? Is it safe?

ive never tested them on vwii and i know there are some slight differences between the 2 consoles so it would be a risk to try it

i do know however that people have used some of these themes in sneek for vwii you can check that out here

i would not advise you trying any of the themes on vwii as there is no brick protection atm
so if you do i take no responsibility for any bricks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol