Hacking Wii Theme Team Creations

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry m8 ive not been back here all day
if you have any probs with the benzin you compiled pm me and ill help you out ;)

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
no prob here just have to learn how to edit the brlyt files

it works like it is suspose to so far i will just need time to figure out how to edit the files. i will look at files that have already been edited and that should give me a good idea how to edit what i want to change. also i found a metal gear theme on the wadder2.0 site. i will use that and make it for 4.x sysmenu's

thanks for your help

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are some problem using some modified theme and USB Loader GX 3.0 in the game banner ( I hope you understand what I want to say)

I really don't know how to fix it, but If you want I can made a list of the themes who works and who don't works.

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Someone can tell how to modify a nym file?
change image background or something else?

I try to use 7zip for extract the file... and I tyr with ShowMiiWads or ThemeMii ... etc.. but i don't understand exatcly what i must do.. =(

Donnie1979

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guys i need to introduce myself first :D im one of the theme creators fron the Hyperspin forums and just found this awesome mods for the WII, i love the color themes for the wii but i find some of the start screens a bit busy or not my taste so i made a new one that you can apply to all colors (i have the other colors to) as i stated im new tothis so i have to figure out how this stuff works. im good with designing graphics but this is something else, if you guys need other stuff made just ask ill be glad to help out

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody here have the original versions of the DarkWii series? Without the Theme Team edits? I'm not saying that you guys haven't done a good job, but what you've done just doesn't suit my tastes. I have the original DarkWii Blue on my Wii, and my Wife would really like the red version on hers. If nobody has the originals, then is there a way to extract a theme so I can at least give her blue?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try ftpii to copy the system app file out only other way it to dump the nand then extract it

Just tried installing the original DarkWii to see how it looked, and apparently it doesn't match for my system menu. (4.3U) I think we'll just stick with the white then. Kinda funny. Our White Wii has a black theme, and our Black Wii has a white theme. Oh well.

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I try to use 7zip for extract the file... and I tyr with ShowMiiWads or ThemeMii ... etc.. but i don't understand exatcly what i must do.. =(

http://fathertom.net/hardwii/?p=375 ;)
Emh... :wtf:

sorry, i just see this page.. but honestly I'don understand what to do... =(
When i extract, for example, 4-X_DarkWii_Red_PAL.mym... i have some ash file... i try to open it with ash.exe.. Batch-ASH v1.1... but nothing appens..

How to open ash files?
At the end I made it using:
- 7zip for extract .mym files
- sharpii for extract ash files
- ShowMiiWads for convert tpl to png (if iI try to convert with sharpii it doesn't work a nd give an errot "ERROR DETAILS: Errore generico in GDI+.")

is this the correct way?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

http://fathertom.net/hardwii/?p=375 ;)
Emh... :wtf:

sorry, i just see this page.. but honestly I'don understand what to do... =(
When i extract, for example, 4-X_DarkWii_Red_PAL.mym... i have some ash file... i try to open it with ash.exe.. Batch-ASH v1.1... but nothing appens..

How to open ash files?
At the end I made it using:
- 7zip for extract .mym files
- sharpii for extract ash files
- ShowMiiWads for convert tpl to png (if iI try to convert with sharpii it doesn't work a nd give an errot "ERROR DETAILS: Errore generico in GDI+.")

is this the correct way?

when i updated all the themes i repacked them in to ash files
i suggest you grab the Okami theme that theme is still in the old style
inside you will find lots of png files all you need to do is change the pngs
then a few brlyt edits to fix colors

Reactions: 1 person

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, when I FTP into my Wii, what specific file am I looking for? And then what?
it depends on your system menu version
it will be in the title\00000001\00000002\content\ folder
4.3 = 00000097.app
4.2 = 00000087.app
4.1 = 0000007b.app
4.0 = 00000072.app

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help! I ended up dumping the NAND and extracting the theme that way. I'll edit this post later it if anybody wants it. Its a simple version of Dark Wii Blue, but with a bit more than what's currently posted. Slick. ^_^

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help! I ended up dumping the NAND and extracting the theme that way. I'll edit this post later it if anybody wants it. Its a simple version of Dark Wii Blue, but with a bit more than what's currently posted. Slick. ^_^
I would like to see this theme can you post it on youtube?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.