Hacking Wii Theme Team Creations V2

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how to add the spinning outlne to your theme? I have tried everything and nothing worked.,
In thememii go to the options > standard system menu and uncheck your default system.
load the spinning mym in to thememii.
click create theme and you will be asked to supply thememii with the base app to use
select your already built theme csm file and the spinning will be added to it

sketch2k278

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing a theme for the Wii and I was able to change most of the images but the main background (the white part), I can not figure how to edit this piece (last time I themed a Wii theme and post it here was over a decade ago lol... literally) so I'm a bit rusty to say at least. I did read through some of my old post and realized that I did use another theme that already had a backpic and just changed the images. I just need a refresher on how to do this (or if it can still be done) if possible. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Wii Capture.JPG
    Wii Capture.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 38

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like the backpic in the board file
just about all themes use a edited board.ash file and then change the backpic in the ini
which you can do with this in the ini
Code:
[sdta1000]
file=\layout\common\board.ash
source=\board.ash

[simg1003]
file=\layout\common\board_ash_out\arc\timg\my_BackPic_a.tpl
source=\board\bg.png
width=544
height=408

alternatively and probably the best way is to use the theme brlyt editor I made which comes with a copy of our base pack to make building a theme easier

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there - I have a 4.3 pal region wii - have you a celtics theme for this wii ? There is only 3× and 4× is spoiler
4.x means it works on 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 systems
As for a celtics theme I only have the themes in my thread I think I remember someone making a celtics theme but I don't have a link
If you find one labeled 4.x then it should work fine
Your other option is to create the theme yourself using the theme brlyt editor I created

Reactions: lovelyhurling

lovelyhurling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
4.x means it works on 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 systems
As for a celtics theme I only have the themes in my thread I think I remember someone making a celtics theme but I don't have a link
If you find one labeled 4.x then it should work fine
Your other option is to create the theme yourself using the theme brlyt editor I created
Thanks for the reply - they are fabulous looking themes by the way great job man - what I meant to ask you was is it okay for me to use the themes are 4× ? What I mean is in some of the spoilers it just says 3× or 4× and says nothing about the region ? I said to myself I will avoid those ones with out region information untill I know more or find out more information on them but yes the celtics theme is in the Google drive repository in wii.guide themes there is a redsox theme to

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply - they are fabulous looking themes by the way great job man - what I meant to ask you was is it okay for me to use the themes are 4× ? What I mean is in some of the spoilers it just says 3× or 4× and says nothing about the region ? I said to myself I will avoid those ones with out region information untill I know more or find out more information on them but yes the celtics theme is in the Google drive repository in wii.guide themes there is a redsox theme to
Again 4.x themes will work on any 4. system menu
3.x themes will also work on a 4. menu but will not have any changes within the sd menu as that menu was not in the 3.x system
As for region the only thing affected by it is the health screen in a standard theme and should work fine. The only exception in this is a few of our themes where we edited the look of the system setting menus that differ between regions and are labeled as PAL or NTSC on the downloads

Reactions: lovelyhurling

lovelyhurling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Again 4.x themes will work on any 4. system menu
3.x themes will also work on a 4. menu but will not have any changes within the sd menu as that menu was not in the 3.x system
As for region the only thing affected by it is the health screen in a standard theme and should work fine. The only exception in this is a few of our themes where we edited the look of the system setting menus that differ between regions and are labeled as PAL or NTSC on the downloads
Okay thanks for that info i appreciate that - I will give them ago, I just wanted to be sure and not to brick my wii

Cheers diddy81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there