OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSystemMenuPlayer

The Wii System Menu Player (a.k.a. mitschwanzenegger) is a reconstruct of the System Menu with the original resource files of the System Menu. It loads the resource and animation files from the NAND and replicates the behaviour of the System Menu.

This looks like a really decent piece of work. Did anyone try to include some basic USB loading features yet?

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think giantpune, might be able to answer that question personally, seeming as he developed it.

Edit: I'm actually curious what this actually does and how it benefits in someway? As giantpune's tools and applications are always useful, even in emergency situations.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just tried it out, it is a VERY good clone, but has the bugs one would expect (banners aren't perfect, some things don't look quite right, etc).

Did anyone try to include some basic USB loading features yet?
It just came out 21 hours ago and in my quick testing, it couldn't even launch channels, discs, or homebrew DOLs...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What's the point of this?
Clone of System Menu. I'd guess in the future it will be expanded to have more features than stock SM, and become more of a replacement for it. e.g. it could probably load themes and channels from SD for testing purposes or have a homebrew loader built in or stuff like that. Also stuff like region free discs and cheats probably. It'd be easier to modify this than to use priiloader hacks.ini style patches on official SM.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh how exciting this sounds! great job pune, i hope this becomes what i've been wishing for. custom system menus are the next advances!

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of this?
Clone of System Menu. I'd guess in the future it will be expanded to have more features than stock SM, and become more of a replacement for it. e.g. it could probably load themes and channels from SD for testing purposes or have a homebrew loader built in or stuff like that. Also stuff like region free discs and cheats probably. It'd be easier to modify this than to use priiloader hacks.ini style patches on official SM.
Someday...

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dimok says he has no intentions of adding any loader capability. but it is open source..so you already know there will be mods

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
This is not intended to be an SM clone or replacement by any means. I had spoken with pune about this about 2 months ago and gave him the huge battery of questions. What I do know is that pune did keep an eye out for those certain banners that are known to cause issues and write the code being able to handle those things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0