Wii system menu broke

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fiveighteen, Aug 24, 2009.

Aug 24, 2009

Wii system menu broke by fiveighteen at 5:58 AM (781 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. fiveighteen
    OP

Member fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

United States
    My uncle apparently forgot that I told him not to update his Wii ever after doing Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.0. He told me that the update had an error and then when the Wii came back on it was at the BootMii menu. When he went to the system menu it gave the same error (he said something about autobooting?? Wish I could see the screen to tell more). He doesn't have a NAND backup.

Now all I need to do is go into HBC and use Wad Manager to reinstall the system menu 4.0, correct? Which game has the 4.0 system menu wad that I could extract, Wii Sports Resort?

After that will everything will be good again? Can I run the Firmware Updater 4.1 after that and then install Preloader again?

Thanks for any help. I just want to make sure I don't mess it up any further, especially when it's not my own.

2. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    If you have made a Nand backup, you can use it to restore.

If you did not made a Nand backup, you should download your needed system menu using NUSD.

Everything will be good.

3. fiveighteen
    OP

Member fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

United States
    I did say he does not have a NAND backup.

I had heard of NUSD, but never used it. I figured out how to get the system menu 4.0 (v417) from it.

Now I can just install the system menu with Wad Manager 1.5?

4. Ajax

Newcomer Ajax Member

United States
    Yes, assuming you ticked the "pack->wad" box, the resulting wad can be installed with Wad Manager 1.5.