OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Follow this steps if you want to keep using your softmod and pirated wads WITH the new 4.0 update:

1. Make sure you have installed the latest homebrew channel

2. Make sure you have installed Waninkoko's newest cIOS

3. Update via the official Nintendo way

4. Now download "Cios downgrader" and use it in the homebrew channel.

5. Have fun using the new System Menu and the new Wii Shop Channel
rolleyes.gif

You can still use your backed-up wads, and you can still ad new wads via wad-installer. You can also still use a Backup Launcher Channel if you have that installed.

BUT WHEN YOU ARE AT SYSTEM MENU 4.0, DON'T DELETE CIOS OR THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET THEM BACK BECAUSE 4.0 BLOCKS THE TWIILIGHT HACK

Questions?

Post away!

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so....with the cIOS downgrader I can go back to the 3.2 and still be able to use the feature to launch games directly via SD???
and it works also with the downloaded VC/Wiiware?

jespertje

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
so....with the cIOS downgrader I can go back to the 3.2 and still be able to use the feature to launch games directly via SD???
and it works also with the downloaded VC/Wiiware?

You can dowgrade back to 3.2, but then you lose your ability to play games from an SD-card. This is a function of system menu 4.0, and when you go back to 3.2, there isn't such funcionality.

jespertje

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Wow, is it really that simple? I figured there would be a lot more problems involved with this new update.

Yes, it is really that simple.

Nintendo wants to block NEW users from using homebrew, they don't care about the ones who are already using it. Thus there are no measures taked against an ALREADY installed homebrew channel or cIOS.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Waninkoko's latest cIOS the same thing as cIOS36 rev8?

I installed ios249 rev7 when I wanted to get the backup launcher working. Is ios249 an earlier version of cIOS36?

If I were to uninstall ios249 and install cIOS36 would it provide the same funtionality in that allowing the backup launcher to work?

If in fact ios249 is an earlier version of cIOS36, can I use it to downgrade instead of cIOS36?

I assume that cIOS can't be deleted by the methods that Nintendo uses?

monk3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope there is a way to get the twilight hack working on 4.0? Promised my friend i would softmod his and he went and updated yesterday! Lame.

Devvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
monk3r said:
I hope there is a way to get the twilight hack working on 4.0? Promised my friend i would softmod his and he went and updated yesterday! Lame.
I don't think the Twilight hack works anymore on 4.0.

jespertje

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
what happens to CIOSCORPS after updating to 4.0 and would i still be able to reinstall preloader?

You SHOULD NOT be able to install cioscorp again, but I haven´t tested it by myself, so I can´t be sure about that.

what CIOScorp does is patching the sysmenu IOS, to read backups, and then patch all other ioses to do the same. Sysmenu 4.0 uses iso 60 I think, and CIOScorp doesn´t patch that IOS version, so I think CIOScorp doesnt work on 4.0 until someone makes a new version that patches IOS60 too.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monk3r said:
tell your friend to spend 50usd on a modchip presoldered to a wiiclip and a tri-wing driver simplest install i have ever done

monk3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Raziel5000 said:
monk3r said:
tell your friend to spend 50usd on a modchip presoldered to a wiiclip and a tri-wing driver simplest install i have ever done

Will look into that. Is it easy for a novice then?

duveldg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This I have installed om my Wii:
- Backup Channel
- Homebrew Channel
- Cios Rev7 (don't care about rev8 or just lazy)
- And a bunch of WiiWare and VC games.

These steps I did,
- Update to 4.0E
- And everything just worked fine after.

Why do I need to use Cios Downgrader to run on my Wii? Everything is working perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5