Hacking wii System memory full?

SolidMetal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i posted this in the general area but not alot of ppl in there to give me a quick answer, so here is my question.

after downloading some beatles dlc i moved them to the sd card and wiped them from the system memory, because when i download them they go straight there and not to the card? well now it's telling me that my system memory is full and won't let me do anything but go to the system memory screen to remove and make free blocks.

i have deleted alot of saved game data and i have noticed that two boxes are showing up with nothing there?
could it be that these boxes are hiding stuff? because i have added up the remaining blocks and i should have alot of free memory but i don't.

how can i free up this system memory without losing everything?.

please help.

p.s. i was thinking about doing a memory format, but i don't want to get rid of all the homebrew i have on there, and it's been so long since i did the twighlight hack and softmodded the wii that i won't even know where to begin again.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how are you loading the beatles rock band?

if its usb loading, then it will copy it to the SD card but still stay on the NAND.

Delete the beatles DLC save file.

SolidMetal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i deleted that after i moved it to the card.
but it's still saying that the memory is full? i also have 2 blank boxes showing up

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you're not supposed to move that file to the SD card.

it moves the songs to the SD card from within the game

SolidMetal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i can't store my dlc files to sd card? won't that just take up all the system memory?
not hat it matters anymore i don't have anu memory left on the system

Posts merged

well i have deleted almost everything, and i only have 75 blocks free? wtf?

Posts merged

oh and yes i am using the game by usb loader

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SolidMetal said:
so i can't store my dlc files to sd card? won't that just take up all the system memory?
not hat it matters anymore i don't have anu memory left on the system
yes you can, it does it from within the game

SolidMetal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought that, but i have the same channels that was on before i downloaded the dlc from the beatles rockband store, and then i deleted the beatles dlc file?

SolidMetal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, if i was to start from fresh, do i have to format the system memory first? and then re-do the twiighlight hack.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No need for the twilight hack, there is bannerbomb now
So you don't even need Twilight Princess anymore
tongue.gif

Just use a stickied guide

I think its best for you to format the memory, but backup your important save files and channels, cause they will be erased

Unless someone has a better idea ?

SolidMetal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL this sucks the big one, so if it's a glitch with the beatles dlc, then i's gonna happen again when i download the rest of the songs? any link to a guide would also be very helpful.

SolidMetal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't think i can re install everything from fresh, i have been reading some of the stickys and they are really just going from a virgin wii, now my wii as had ios's installed and if i go messing around installing from a guide and downloading what they say won't i brick my wii installing all the ios's they mention? because won't my ios's still be in the system? this is messed up, i think when it comes to playing rockband games i should just stick to the disc, it took me ages to get the guitar working on it.

SolidMetal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been looking over the forum and when i find one about formatting nobody ever says how?
i mean if i do a system memory format, what will it format and what will stay in the system(such as ios's) because if i format and then use a new guide to softmod again i don't want to be installing earlier ios's over newer ones, won't that brick my wii

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just sit there and delete the big channels and big saves. look in teh lower corner where it says 0 blocks remaining. when you find a huge file that is like 240 blocks and that number goes above 0 blocks then you can go back to your system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...