Wii strange problem.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Lefteris, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Lefteris
    OP

Lefteris Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2015
    Greece
    I have a soft modded white wii with d2x v10 beta53 alt and never had any problems but for some reason while I'm playing, (usb HDD-usb loader gx) the wiimote is losing its connection and the game losing a few background sounds and then I must restart.
    In NBA2k13 it lost wiimote connection and the crowd stopped cheering and I coulnd't do anything but the game didn't freeze. The other was pacman party where the wiimote lost connection and after the mini game was completed on its own, the wii froze.
    i don't think that the games have anything to do with this as it has happened on other few games which I don't remember.
    It's not the batteries or the cIOS as i tried v8 too.
    Any ideas?

Last edited by Lefteris, Aug 1, 2016
  2. Vishnoo

Vishnoo Failure is success if we learn from it.

Jun 1, 2016
    India
    See if the HDD is connected correctly.I have met this type of issues.When you remove the HDD while playing,you will see that the game continues but the wii mote does not respond.Then you need to restart it with your HDD connected.

Last edited by Vishnoo, Aug 4, 2016
    Lefteris likes this.
  3. Lefteris
    OP

Lefteris Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2015
    Greece
    Yes it is connected correctly. I noticed that sometimes the HDD (WD 750GB Elements USB 3.0)stops rotating but this is normal since I play a few disc games or I use some of the HMC apps. It could be then an HDD problem.
    Thank you Vishnoo for your reply.

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    If the drive has auto shutdown it could be turning off while the game is running. If it came with a settings utility you should be able to use it to turn off any power saving features.

Lefteris likes this.
  5. Lefteris
    OP

Lefteris Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2015
    Greece
    Thank you for your help GreyWold and Vishnoo. For those who in the future read this and have similar problems, I used WD Smartware and I disabled sleep timer through there, mine is 750GB Elements. WD Drive Utilities also does the same work but it supports other HDD like My Passport not Elements. Got these here

GreyWolf likes this.