Hacking Wii Speak hack discussion!

robiul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so the wii speak has been out for a while, and it has security protection on it, which means that when you assign your validation code on one particular wii, it won't work any other, and we know we've already thought of using it on the pc (I'm sure someone is hacking it to get it on the pc), but I think the main objective here is to get a third party usb mic working with the wii speak channel.

robiul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that wii backup are playable thru disc channel and gc backs impossible to play, can we somehow modify the IOS that wii speak uses to allow a bluetooth wireless headset to be used.

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robiul said:
Okay so the wii speak has been out for a while, and it has security protection on it, which means that when you assign your validation code on one particular wii, it won't work any other, and we know we've already thought of using it on the pc (I'm sure someone is hacking it to get it on the pc), but I think the main objective here is to get a third party usb mic working with the wii speak channel.

We need to worry about Nintendo bringing out Wii Speak compatible games. I spent fucking $30 on some shitt that only works a a gayass game called Animal Shitting.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
truballr said:
robiul said:

We need to worry about Nintendo bringing out Wii Speak compatible games. I spent fucking $30 on some shitt that only works a a gayass game called Animal Shitting.

Oh shut up.

If you care about headsets so bad get a 360. /case.

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
truballr said:
robiul said:

Oh shut up.

I have a 360 and headset,
But does anywhere in my post concern the 360?
Does anywhere in this forum mention "Xbox 360"

Shut Up.
There is a reason I have a Wii and a Wii Speak dumass.
Every bough this shit thinking Ninty would serve us some games with it.
But Ninty screwed everyone over like always.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The conduit, which is coming out march(I think), is going to make full use of Wii speak and have a great online multiplayer.

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But it would be cool to use a headset tho, Wiispeak is great and its clear and loud so i have no problem with it, but i would like to hear people cursing and getting angry without my parents going, "Watch that damn language and blah blah!" Sometimes the rants of people are halirous, But i hope a hack comes around to use a bluetooth headset!

Hazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conduit is May I believe and it will use Wii Speak. Really there is no reason to worry much until that game comes out. Until then, its being wasted.

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
truballr said:
Phratt said:
truballr said:
robiul said:

Oh shut up.

Shut Up.

Then don't complain about the Wii if you seem to love it so much.

The conduit, which is coming out march(I think), is going to make full use of Wii speak and have a great online multiplayer.

I like everything I have and buy, not love. If I buy something I expect it to work the way it was told to.
I know that game is coming out, but do they expect us to buy something thats $30 and a game not everyone likes, and wait for another game coming after 5 months the product was released?
If Ninty wanted to, they could implement it to every single came that comes with online, but hey.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
truballr said:
Phratt said:
truballr said:
QUOTE said:
Oh shut up.

Shut Up.

I like everything I have and buy, not love. If I buy something I expect it to work the way it was told to.
I know that game is coming out, but do they expect us to buy something $30 and a game not everyone likes, and wait for another game coming after 4 months the product was released.
If Ninty wanted to, they could implement it to every single came that comes with online, but hey.

Thats where you are very wrong. The developers implement online into games, they implement chatting capabilities also. THEY chose not to use it, not nintendo. and no one forced you to buy the speaker so its not Nintendo's fault you ignorantly bought a peripheral for only one game you don't like.

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
truballr said:
Phratt said:
truballr said:
QUOTE said:
Oh shut up.

Shut Up.

I know that game is coming out, but do they expect us to buy something $30 and a game not everyone likes, and wait for another game coming after 4 months the product was released.

Thats where you are very wrong. The developers implement online into games, they implement chatting capabilities also. THEY chose not to use it, not nintendo. and no one forced you to buy the speaker so its not Nintendo's fault you ignorantly bought a peripheral for only one game you don't like.
Thats where you're wrong. Nintendo hasn't given anyone the development or access to use it, so they don't know how to implement it to their games. The only publisher they have given it to is High Voltage (Conduit) and that's only because they know it will be a hit game, and they have optimized their graphics and controls on the Wii. You think if developer's had the chance to implement Wii Speak on their online games, they wouldn't have done that? It bet its just a single line of code thats not hard.
Dont get me wrong I like nintendo and their games, but they always develop acessories and say how good it will be, and end up being crap.
If it wasnt for GBATemp and Wii hacking my Wii would probably sit their cold and dusty, under my 360.
smile.gif

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Okay so the wii speak has been out for a while, and it has security protection on it, which means that when you assign your validation code on one particular wii

Um, no. There is only a pin # which will let you download the Wii Speak channel for yourself. It has nothing to do with using the device. Games have free access to any Wii Speak, it's just the channel download.

Now that I think of it, the thing is USB, so if it is actually not working on PCs, perhaps drivers could be written. A hard mod seems a bit unnecessary.

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
Bump.

I'd love to see someone hack the ability to use a usb headset bluetooth or not, with wii speak. The Conduit has just been released and I hope a hack to add 3rd part mic support is possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1