Wii speak and monster hunter

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by viperuws, Apr 19, 2010.

Apr 19, 2010

Wii speak and monster hunter by viperuws at 8:46 PM (1,673 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. viperuws
    OP

Newcomer viperuws Member

United States
    So I have searched around and took a look at a few pages on this forum but I couldn't find any info on getting wii speak to work in games.

I don't have it yet but I just wanted to make sure it would work using a usb loader on monster hunter tri.

I am on 3.3u, have 38rev19, 249rev4, along with 222.

Do I need to install the wii speak channel to get the device to work in game? And how do I get the channel without updating my wii to 4.2? I read one thread about updating ios56?

2. Hape

Newcomer Hape Newbie

United States
    Enter in google search Wii Speak wad.
    Read the third result the yahoo one and tell us if it worked .

3. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  4. viperuws
    OP

Newcomer viperuws Member

United States
    I tried it in game and it didn't seem to work. I will install the channel when I get home and try again. Apparently you need to add people as your friend to talk to them which is slightly annoying but oh well.

5. rayben

Member rayben GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Installing the channel and setting everything up didn't work for me. When my GF is online on the other wii I have an X through my speaker icon.

6. supersonic5000

Member supersonic5000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mine works fine... It has an x through it on the loading screen and the city gate, but when you enter a city or go on a quest the x goes away and you should be able to talk.

7. Hape

Newcomer Hape Newbie

United States
  8. strict9gs

Newcomer strict9gs Advanced Member

United States
    also as a note, if u have an extra usb keyboard around, you could plug it in to the extra port and use it in the chat board ,and for messages.....i tried it last night, it didnt light up till i got online, so wait for your NUMBER LOCK light to come on before u type.

9. rayben

Member rayben GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try this as soon as I can get NUSD working in linux.
    (Gives me a reason to install virtualbox)

edit. Tried it, got a ret. error installing (wasnt sure if that was normal for this wad) but, didn't work.

Second edit: Got it to work. Updated ios 56 and 57 without patches using DopMii. Everything else seems to still work so I dont think installing the unpatched ios' broke anything.