Hacking Wii Shop

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i tried to update the Wii Shop Channel and i think i did it right, but when i try to access it it boots me to the system menu!
dry.gif
(it was with two files from wiibrew)

my firmware is 3.2 with preloader if it is any help to know that
unsure.gif

if you can help, then help don't flame! Yes i did use the search function, just i didn't find anything related to this problem
frown.gif

resistor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you must install ios 61 and 60 find shop install with ios249 support, if you want you can patch the ios to have trucha bug, or try this http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSCU i dont know if it works at 3.2 but it should, it updates all the things from 4.0 except system menu, you can patch the ios with the trucha bug.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
resistor said:
you must install ios 61 and 60 find shop install with ios249 support, if you want you can patch the ios to have trucha bug, or try this http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSCU i dont know if it works at 3.2 but it should, it updates all the things from 4.0 except system menu, you can patch the ios with the trucha bug.

Thanks i am trying now!

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let us know the results. I am interested in upgrading my shop to get some DLC, but am too afraid to lose my backup functionality.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dry.gif
well It didnt work =( it still allows me to click and start it, but the channel still kicks me back to the system menu
mad.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry 'bout the double post, it's because I am anxious for a fix =(

It started acting screwy when I first tried to update it, and after that i tried to uninstall the wads that i used to update it... they failed to uninstall =(

So i hope i do not have to update by ninty, 'cause i am 'friad of bricks
hate2.gif

So any help for a poor soul?

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, you can always upgrade to 4.0 with a safe method. I have upgraded to 4.0E using the a guide with the Nintendo Upgrade method and retained everything: preloader, homebrew, backup, trucha... and the new shop channel. (I had to run the update two time in a row, because of cIOScorp and IOS9)

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wacko.gif
Ok the shop is updated! Now however it won't load, just sticks at the screen where its connecting (yes i do have a connection ready to get on wifi!)

It just is a little frustrating
dry.gif
all my channels are fix'd, but my shop just hangs there =(

EDIT: Well none will help me now so i guess i will thank everyone for their time and support =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol