Wii Setup Help / Suggestions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sanoblue, Feb 26, 2013.

Feb 26, 2013
  1. sanoblue
    OP

Member sanoblue The Fuzzy Blue Woof!

United States
    Here is my current setup.
    Wii USA Decently modded....(i know enough to do what i want :P)
    500 Gig USB Fat formatted.... (should i go NTFS???)

this is what i want....

i want to turn my wii into a complete Nintendo Emulation Station....
    NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii

my real question is what is your setup and any advice as to what you would do to accomplish this?

2. ayrek

Member ayrek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As far as I've encountered, the only real differences between using FAT and NTFS are
    1) compatibility. Some older homebrews won't read NTFS, though I can't think of any off hand.
    2) FAT has a 4gb maximum file size, so to put any ISOs or other files larger than 4gb onto an FAT partition, the file must be split (a minor issue, since only a few Wii ISOs are over 4gb, and WBM splits them easily for you).

As for emulators, I'd take a look at either RetroArch or using WiiFlow and its emulator plugins. The only one I am familiar with is WiiFlow, but it's pretty nifty, if you put the necessary time into it. WiiFlow will read all your ROM's, and show you them in coverflow mode (you can add covers for your ROMs just like adding them for Wii ISOs). When you select a ROM in WiiFlow, it will launch said ROM with the appropriate plugin, meaning you only need to open one app to access all your games regardless of original console.

Happy hacking :)