Gaming Wii SD Error: "The device inserted in the SD slot cannot work&quo

Kryptical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I softmodded my Wii 4.2U awhile ago and the Kingston SDHC 8GB card had worked. Now when I click the SD card icon in the Wii Menu it shows the message: "The device inserted in the SD slot cannot work". I reformatted the SDHC with FAT32 and it still shows that message. I also tried another SDHC 4GB card and it shows the same message. I rarely take the SDHC out of my Wii because I use FTPii and WiiXplorer to manage it. Both of them are formatted to FAT32 and they both contain Bannerbomb v2.

Anyone know how to fix this? I haven't followed Nintendo's troubleshooting on this yet.

This is what works:
- WiiXplorer
- BootMii SD manager
- Priiloader hacks.ini
- FTPii
- Homebrew Channel
- Ocarina

This is what NOT works:
- SD Card Icon
- Data Management (SD)

blackacidevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What will fix your problem is buying a NON HD card, like a 2 gig. Although nintendo now supports SDHC cards, that doesnt necessary mean you'll be able to use it in modding or other applications. For example, using YAWND it doesnt do SDHC, even though you system menu is up to snaps. The revisied verison of YAWND called something else, can see the SDHC cards.

Getting Bootmii and all the applications as stated above, is an accomplishment.

However to simply fix this, just get a NON SDHC card, and you will have no problems,

Kryptical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I know that the 2GB SD are recommended but the thing is I had this 8GB SDHC card from the beginning of the softmod to now and it just suddenly didn't work.

I just tried Ninendo's troubleshooting and is still doesn't work. My SD slot can't be broken because the SD icon on the main menu pops up blue when the SD is inserted into the slot.

EDIT: I fixed it. Turns out someone set my Priiloader setting for "Load System Menu IOS" to "IOS36".

AK_Vision

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What will fix your problem is buying a NON HD card, like a 2 gig. Although nintendo now supports SDHC cards, that doesnt necessary mean you'll be able to use it in modding or other applications. For example, using YAWND it doesnt do SDHC, even though you system menu is up to snaps. The revisied verison of YAWND called something else, can see the SDHC cards.

Getting Bootmii and all the applications as stated above, is an accomplishment.

However to simply fix this, just get a NON SDHC card, and you will have no problems,

AK_Vision

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have the exactly, same issue on my newly purchased Wii actually, thanks for the advice anyway I couldn't have ever figured that one out on my, own... anyway I thought that I had everything figured out... since I was ready and prepared to modify that little beast for as, well... until that came up... that's why, I am here now... but I got a 64GB SDHC card ... anyway, now that I figured out the issue I will have to start over again with a new non sdhc card like you said I picked that one up at the same time I ordered the Wii at a online site in Scandinavia... anyway I got it used and that is not a issue anyway for me that is but the 64GB SDHC brand new... So, thanks I looked at the card and slot it back into my, HP notebook laptop for cardreader at 1000GB HDD for 6 GB GDDR RAM with 3, USB port and ethernet output and I also have a Sony's, PS4 only at 500 GB only, from last x-mas and a Samsung, Galaxy S22 at 128GB RAM for as, well...only, checking out exactly what I put on that Wii's sd card and I tried to guess but couldn't exactly, figure it out so thanks, now... that I know and I am saved... I'm, out.. chilling, out... bye, bye...

Last edited by AK_Vision,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto