1. Shuny

Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

France
    Recalculate it yourself ?

2. Lucatarik

Lucatarik Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    how if NOBODY knows the key to calculate it?

*edit: ops sorry, now I remember that someone has it: Nintendo and Datel!!!! Can u ask them for me, pls?

3. nanika

nanika 文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。

United States
    No, just a normal checksum, not an encryption key pair.

4. vespalite

vespalite Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hey dont know if this is already known or not

but i used the extractor tool and dumped my resi4 save and edited the banner to say vespa instead of capcom when i installed it again it didnt make any difference

so after about half an hour of thinking i thought id try n sign it with the 'freethewads' tool and beleive it or not it worked ^^

now it says vespa instead of capcom ^^

if u need proof jsut say n ill post a vid on youtube=]

5. Newbie

OP Newbie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    With Waninkoko Savegame-Extractor/Installer you don’t need to worry about checksum/encryption keys.
    So you can edit things like money, etc.

6. jpk32092

jpk32092 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    what do you mean you signed it with freethewads? freethewads is for .wad files not game saves? help?

7. alpha0000

alpha0000 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hong Kong
    data.bin is data.wad actually?

8. vespalite

vespalite Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    sorry about that guys guess i miust have done it wrong the first time round it worked without me siging anything with the freethewads tool

buti only edited the banner.bin file, soon as i edit the BH4_DATA and install it again i get a corupted save

can anyone help me id really like to be able to edit saves properly =]

oh and also i tried comparing 2 different saves i made so i could find where the data is located, the only difference would have been the time and the amount of saves but i ge LOADS of differneces when i compare them, are they like encrypted or compressed or something?

thanks anyway sorry about the previous post

but it did work still and i changed the title it comes up with =]

9. Trolly

Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Ooh ooh, if you hack the TP save, you should find those hacked monsters they have posted on YouTube. If you do manage to do that, any chance of sending me the save?

10. vespalite

vespalite Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hey guys jsut a quick update =]

on my resi4 hacking ive saved 3 times with he same save count on all of them and different times on each, and in one of them ive made sure i have less bullets (my aim as to find where the current equiped weapons bullets were stored in the save and test the possibilities)

i compared them in kdiff and the only recuring changed value showed up was a set of 2 bytes (which im hoping means the minutes and the seconds of the save data)

i didnt get chance to edit them and test the results cause i went out n got pissed and dumped my my girlfriend (tears for me) but ill have a look in the mornin

ill keep u posted n if i get it all done so its working properly ill post the offsets of where the editable data is so u can give it a go urselves=]

11. snipps

snipps Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've hex edited my Harvest Moon Magical Melodies save (I want more money). When I try to copy it via the SD card it says it is corrupt (bad checksum). I installed it using the save installer which got my hopes up, but it looks like the wii checks the checksum when loading the save as well because it tells me it's corrupt and won't let me launch it. I'm going to look at the code for the TP checksum recalculator and see if it can be modified for other saves, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Just FYI.

12. vespalite

vespalite Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i wasnt aware there was a checksum recalculator for tp any chance you could link me?=]

i extracted all my saves using the extracter tool and installed them using the installer and the only time it has said corrupted data is when i try to load the save file in the actual game (it loads the system settings fine) but i have still yet to edt the values i talked about in my previous post.

i hope we can get a decend tutorial soon once this has become more user friendly =]

13. SkH

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
    It's been a while and I'm now doing the same thing (compare method).

So is there a way to fix the checksum easily?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - little, editor, needed