Gaming Wii RPG's

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rune Factory Frontier...great game and will last you for ages.
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn....great if you like turn base games.
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is...its alright but nothing on the GC game.
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon...very good and overlooked game
Super Paper Mario ...half RPG half platform, totally great.
Phantom Brave: We Meet Again...Not played the Wii version but the PS2 one was very good.

The best is easily Little King's Story, while not a straight forward RPG its still in the genre.

Others aren't worth mentioning. Some like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers but I fount it boring and a chore to play. Same with Spectrobes.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon is also out in Feb, supposed to be really good.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
feb is looking good
gbasp.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:

Great post buddy! You should print that keeper and put it on your mantle for your future generations to read!

Well, I thought Rune Factory Frontier was boring as sin. That's just me, though.

Haven't tried Spectrobes: Origins but people say it's pretty good.

Super Paper Mario is like 80% platformer, 20% RPG. It's not bad, though.

Your best bet is probably downloading some older RPGs from the VC and playing those. SMRPG is really good.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You could try Muramasa, it's a 2D sidescrolling Action RPG. It's more action than RPG but has a few elements like Leveling up and upgrading weapons.

CortalRage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Runefactory is an awesome series. ive played them all straight trough. Frontier is no different. It more than the usual RPG. You can relax between areas just working on relationships and your farm.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Ossot said:

Great post buddy! You should print that keeper and put it on your mantle for your future generations to read!

A lot of research and consideration went into it too. Upon actually reading the question of "did they include english on the japanese release," my first instinct was to quickly reply telling the person how ridiculous that question was. Then I thought, but wait ossot, what if you're wrong. So I got on ebay, imported the copy, as you can't trust a pirated copy, and upon arrival I painstakingly went through all the menus, with a japanese interpreter mind you, and felt confident that there was no way to make Tales of Grace in english. After all that work I was physically and emotionally exhausted and decided "no." would have to suffice.

I appreciate the compliment though. But don't sell yourself short. You do really good stuff too. Like actually read all the replies in a thread without going from the OP to the last reply. And that's admirable.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Ossot said:

A lot of research and consideration went into it too. Upon actually reading the question of "did they include english on the japanese release," my first instinct was to quickly reply telling the person how ridiculous that question was. Then I thought, but wait ossot, what if you're wrong. So I got on ebay, imported the copy, as you can't trust a pirated copy, and upon arrival I painstakingly went through all the menus, with a japanese interpreter mind you, and felt confident that there was no way to make Tales of Grace in english. After all that work I was physically and emotionally exhausted and decided "no." would have to suffice.

I appreciate the compliment though. But don't sell yourself short. You do really good stuff too. Like actually read all the replies in a thread without going from the OP to the last reply. And that's admirable.

Well, your comment came off as to the topic of Wii RPG's, not to the post above yours. Next time, quote the post to avoid any confusion.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X D D X said:
You could try Muramasa, it's a 2D sidescrolling Action RPG. It's more action than RPG but has a few elements like Leveling up and upgrading weapons.
It is really good, I guess it can be considered a RPG, if it was a top down or in 3D it would be.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
I like how you went from passive aggressive sarcasm to "oh.. ya, my bad"

ace sport. ace.

It's not my fault you didn't quote correctly.

So instead of taking my apology because we both made an error, you decide to act like a dick? Great job, next time I'll make sure to just keep acting like an ass to you since you obviously won't be man enough to admit we were both wrong. I'm sure all your friends think you're a great guy, if this is how you act.

Anyway, on topic, I thought Muramasa was pretty poor. A pretty game, but lots of pointless running and button mashing combat. That's just me.

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Also as someone mentioned you can get some decent VC rpgs, if oyu have an emulator installed i suggest downloading two great snes games that never came out here, seiken densetsu 3 (secret of mana 2) and bahamut lagoon. Seiken densetsu is also multiplayer, 7 classes per character counting the default one and long game too. Bahamut Lagoon is also huge for a snes game but it's a mix of strategy and rpg.

Hope this helps
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.