Wii Restore

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheBlueFox, Mar 27, 2010.

Mar 27, 2010

Wii Restore by TheBlueFox at 6:05 PM (814 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. TheBlueFox
    OP

Newcomer TheBlueFox Member

United States
    Alright, so I've been modding my wii but I've hit a few snags that I dont wanna get into at the moment. I've followed directions step by step and I've used a bootslot 2 backup, which should mean that my wii is brickproof and such.

How do I go about restoring my wii to how it was, factory default, no more homebrew channel and starts up normally as if nothing was ever done to it?

2. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
  3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    The only reason you should ever do that is to sell it / send it to Ninty or something.
    If you're going to rehack it, revirginizing isn't needed for anything [​IMG]

4. TheBlueFox
    OP

Newcomer TheBlueFox Member

United States
    Nah, im not gonna sell it. But last night my sis asked me if she could play with it. I wasnt home and I realized I didnt want her muckin around with settings. I figured since I couldnt hack it to the purpose I desired (the external hard drive that I wanted to run games off of isnt working and the largest USB drive I have is 2 gigs) I'll just virginize it...Or maybe Ill buy a bigger usb and teach her how to run the system so I dont have to worry...

5. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    If you have priloader installed, make sure the System Update functionality is disabled, then tell her never to use the Format option in the menu screen (which she shouldn't be navigating too anyways). If your using a usb loader and your afraid she will delete the isos off your WBFS partition, then use a GX loader and set the parental control on (dunno if the other loaders have this, but they should)

Other than that, she cant really break or damage anything, at least nothing that inst easily fixable.

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Maybe you could active parental lock
    That should lock out the most dangerous things [​IMG]