Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One of my wiimotes seems to be busted.
When I turned the controller on , the pointer appears on the screen for only 3 seconds or so when I point at the screeen ( as it should be
tongue.gif
)
but after that it dissapears and won't work again. Does this means the camera in the remote is busted? And if so , Is there a way to repair it?
Other functions are still fine, buttons work, I can connect a CC or a plastic guitar and they both work fine too.

I'm thinking I would be better off buying a new remote but I wouldn't mind opening it for repairing (it if anyone knows how to do so), Just for the fun/ learning.

Oh yeah, my other wii remotes Work perfectly fine.

P.S. I don't think that it matters but this wii remote is the newest one I have and has been in a plastic jacket thingy so I would discard heavy hits as the cause. ( but anythings possible I guess)

Thanks for your help!

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think it may be the IR sensor, try using the cursor pad to select channels.
Does the blue light stay on on the remote?
You may want to try fresh batteries in it.

If you are using rechargeable batteries, check they are charging properly. If it is coming on for a few seconds then dying, it sounds like they are draining quickly and may be worn out.

huns28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that it is a sleep mode issue, like I said other wii remotes work fine, and yes, batteries are also working fine.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Mine did the same thing, i took the battirues out and reconnected it to the wii using the red button at the back etc. Seemed to work fine after it. Also tey doing the same thing, but replace the battries

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro