Hacking WII region changer

Willemoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dirt4life said:
Willemoke said:
I've tried it and now I'm on 3.2J, but I still can't play naruto gekitou ninja taisen ex, I've updated my wiikey to 1.9s ( J version ) also.

Help..
Go to wiifrii and set it to Region Japan,
I think

The game is origional, not a backup, so I can't wiifrii it.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Willemoke said:
Dirt4life said:
Willemoke said:
I've tried it and now I'm on 3.2J, but I still can't play naruto gekitou ninja taisen ex, I've updated my wiikey to 1.9s ( J version ) also.

Help..
I think

Oops sorry, I did'nt know.
The one thing you can do is with a Japanese version of the freeloader.
The is one on the net
smile.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Dirt4life said:
Willemoke said:
Dirt4life said:
Willemoke said:

Help..
I think

The is one on the net
smile.gif

Or use GeckoOS

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
linuxares said:
Dirt4life said:
Willemoke said:
Dirt4life said:
Willemoke said:

Help..
I think

The is one on the net
smile.gif

Or use GeckoOS

then that surely defeats the point of him changing the region of his console.

Willemoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
linkinworm said:
you may need to change the system settings aswell useing the downgrader

I've used the downgrader and I'm now at 3.2J, but should I change some settings? If I should, which one? I don't understand japanese:P

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Willemoke said:
linkinworm said:
you may need to change the system settings aswell useing the downgrader

I've used the downgrader and I'm now at 3.2J, but should I change some settings? If I should, which one? I don't understand japanese:P
what i ment was use the downgrader to set the correct setting in the system so use it and dowgrade to 3.2J or 3.3J then try the game again, you wont have english ever in the japanese region.

wii_freak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-lildeemo- said:
wii_freak said:
-lildeemo- said:
if u change ure region then downgrade and use duplicate channel remover for w/e region you have changed it to the semi brick goes away setting accesible ...ps: this is wat i did so i know thats how

Thanks for the reply.

Now some more Q's:

So would those dupe news & weather channels created by an NTSC-U SSBB work after a wii region change from
NTSC-J---->NTSC-U?

Regarding other eng US channels: so I would be able to download them from the US wii shop (provided that I have installed the US shop from wad)? Are other chans like US eng mii & photo are installed in the downgrading phase or not? If not, I would have to source from elsewhere?

Also after downgrading to fix the settings menu semi-brick, is it still possible to upgrade back to a higher FW if I wanted? eg. 3.3U?

Thanks.
well wat i did was get the pal dupliacate channel remover and got rid of all jap and usa channels then using a pal version of ssbb i updated and got pal channels and they work as far as the shop im not sure u could find a wad for it and mty mii channel is now english from japanese so i would think so.....yes u can then upgrade to a higher version now aslong as its the region u have swapped to
grog.gif
grog.gif

Does anyone know if the wii shop wad is in FW updates? *I forgot if it was, but I think I saw it in one of my ISOs open in trucha signer*

baseline007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i managed to successfully change the region.. from j to u.. i was just wondering if anybody else experienced what ive experienced.. the weather, news and internet as well as everybody votes and nintendo channel. doesnt work right? and i think we need US wads for that right?

tnx.

good job to the devs

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
baseline007 said:
ok i managed to successfully change the region.. from j to u.. i was just wondering if anybody else experienced what ive experienced.. the weather, news and internet as well as everybody votes and nintendo channel. doesnt work right? and i think we need US wads for that right?

tnx.

good job to the devs
what you could do is downgrade to 2.2U firmware, then update useing the nintendo servers it will install the US channels, but you will still have your JAP channels, so you will need to use the dup channel remover aswell. hope this helps,

PS this wont change the shop channel

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Who cares about the News and Weather channels. I don't even have U.S. versions of those installed, and I have a U.S. Wii
tongue.gif

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get JP shop channel on a US Wii with this by updating when there is a new update using 3.3J and JP region change(gonna get new,unbricked router soon)?

baseline007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
baseline007 said:

tnx.

good job to the devs
what you could do is downgrade to 2.2U firmware, then update useing the nintendo servers it will install the US channels, but you will still have your JAP channels, so you will need to use the dup channel remover aswell. hope this helps,

PS this wont change the shop channel

i'll try this out.. one thing though. if i update through nintendo servers wont that give me 3.3U? i dont wanna go to 3.3 just yet.. i prefer 3.2 more.. this ones the same for the internet channel? and lastly, what if format my wii with the new region will it go back to J? what will happen?

sorry for having too many questions.. just being cautious.. but tnx for the response.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
do this

use the japan dup channel remover then update with a disc (SSBB)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
This topic seems to be getting a little unclear.

Let's summarize.

This app changes the region of your wii by only changing a flag in settings.txt.
However this doesn't to a complete region change, because your system menus and channels all remain their old region.
This annoyed bushing and co because it equals a semi-brick (system settings cannot be accessed)

However there is an easy solution to repair the semi-brick.
1. use waninkokos downgrader to change your system menu to the appropriate region
2/3. get correct region Wii channels through Wii system updates and/or Shop Channel.
2/3. use dupe channel remover (or generic title uninstaller alternately) to remove wrong region channels.

My thoughts are, maybe the best use of this is for people to choose their favourite/ most convenient region, then install region free channels (freethewads). I figure this allow people to run their channels on any of the regions they swap to so that they don't have to muck around with steps 2/3.

So far some have confirmed (inc Arakon) that changing from PAL to NTSC will still NOT allow you to run NTSC VC games in 60Hz on your ex-pal wii.
Theoretically it should work if the games are NTSC (given that 50/60hz seems to be hardcoded to the rom/emulator).
But no-one has had any success with it yet, seems that maybe there is more work to be done regarding region change...

Edit: edited after reading Arakons reply below.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did confirm before that the VC games that previously ran at 50 hz DON'T run at 60 hz, even ntsc ones. there has to be an additional flag somewhere.

baseline007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay.. i did what you said jan777.. and its working now.. both weather and news, as for the internet channel, i dunno how yet.. should i redownload it at wii shop?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)