Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
(sorry if this is the wrong forum)

A few minutes ago, I followed this guide. My Neogamma didn't really work and I heard that may fix it.
Everything went well, until I reached the part where I had to turn on my Wii.
When I tried accessing Homebrew Channel, my Wii restarted back to the health warning screen.
I tried other channels, and it happened there, too.
When I accessed the disc channel (with a disc inside), it told me I need to update my Wii to proceed. I didn't.

So, what's the problem? Please tell me I didn't brick it or something... ;-;
I can still access the Wii Settings menu. Also my Wii's version is 4.2E, if it matters.

ANY help is very appreciated.

Smash2Bash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would recomed updating and just following tutorial again for homebrew channel
it will only take you 15 mins max you know you arent bricked
and what game did you put in your wii is it from your region?

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Smash2Bash said:
i would recomed updating and just following tutorial again for homebrew channel
it will only take you 15 mins max you know you arent bricked
and what game did you put in your wii is it from your region?
I put Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and yes, it's from my region (PAL). It worked fine until now.
And thanks, I'll try.

Smash2Bash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just making sure because if you put out of region game in wii and update you get errors
so is it fixed?

What i forgot to mention if you reupdate to same firmware it will just fill in missing ios's

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Smash2Bash said:
just making sure because if you put out of region game in wii and update you get errors
so is it fixed?

What i forgot to mention if you reupdate to same firmware it will just fill in missing ios's
I just updated.
Well, seems likes it didn't change much. The channels still reboot.
Also, when I try to activate a game, the Wii reads it, but when I enter the game I get a black screen, the Wiimote turns off and yeah, the Wii freezes. :S

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Smash2Bash said:
did you install any custom ios's, do you have priiloader (preloader) installed?
By custom IOS, do you mean the IOS I downloaded from NUS Downloader? Because if so, then yeah, I guess.
Also I don't have preloader.

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Smash2Bash said:
what ios did you download from NUS Downloader?
I downloaded the 4 IOS mentioned in the guide I linked to earlier. I got the channel problems after I installed them.
I also downloaded IOS35, and, if I recall correctly, IOS249. And I think IOS36. But the Wii worked fine after I downloaded THESE ones.

Smash2Bash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chibistic said:
Smash2Bash said:
I downloaded the 4 IOS mentioned in the guide I linked to earlier. I got the channel problems after I installed them.
I also downloaded IOS35, and, if I recall correctly, IOS249. And I think IOS36. But the Wii worked fine after I downloaded THESE ones.
i would try updating again
do you have any newer than brawl because you need to update from a game, if you update from wii settings it will get rid of homebrew channel and DVDX as i expirenced lol.
I would recommend wii sport resort because it gave meh problems but i had to update
and im wondering did get an NTSC-U, K or J ios by acceident?

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Smash2Bash said:
Chibistic said:
Smash2Bash said:
do you have any newer than brawl because you need to update from a game, if you update from wii settings it will get rid of homebrew channel and DVDX as i expirenced lol.
I would recommend wii sport resort because it gave meh problems but i had to update
I updated again, this time using Marvel Ultimate Alliance (something like that).
Well, it didn't change anything. The channels still restart my Wii, the games freeze, etc.
And I'm pretty sure all my games are PAL, if that's what you mean?
And I guess I need an even newer game, huh..

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had the same issue.. by reinstalling the ios's everything was repaired and back to normal.. (installing the system menu by wad)

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
GolfDude said:
i had the same issue.. by reinstalling the ios's everything was repaired and back to normal.. (installing the system menu by wad)
Uhm, can you briefly explain how to do it please? :S

Smash2Bash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chibistic said:
Smash2Bash said:
Chibistic said:
Smash2Bash said:
I updated again, this time using Marvel Ultimate Alliance (something like that).
Well, it didn't change anything. The channels still restart my Wii, the games freeze, etc.
And I'm pretty sure all my games are PAL, if that's what you mean?
And I guess I need an even newer game, huh..
Yes, but for now just update from the settings then try
the tutorial you prolly followed was for NTSC (american) wiis
i can give you a tutorial for it after you update.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use nus downlaoder and download the latest system menu for your region (make sure you click the checkmark to make a wad), then use bannerbomb to load wad manager's boot.dol and install the system menu wad that the nus downloader created, it should install everything in your ssytem menu that was missing and the wii should work again.. i had this issue last night and the sys menu reinstall via wad did the trick.. and you dont lose any data at all.. it should be good to go..

Smash2Bash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GolfDude said:
use nus downlaoder and download the latest system menu for your region (make sure you click the checkmark to make a wad), then use bannerbomb to load wad manager's boot.dol and install the system menu wad that the nus downloader created, it should install everything in your ssytem menu that was missing and the wii should work again.. i had this issue last night and the sys menu reinstall via wad did the trick.. and you dont lose any data at all.. it should be good to go..
I'm bout to play sum brawl so if that dosent work post again ill be on page lol

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
GolfDude said:
Which IOS should I use to install the system menu?

Smash2Bash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chibistic said:
GolfDude said:
Which IOS should I use to install the system menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5