1. jamallego

OP jamallego Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Hi everyone, looking for some advice, here is my situation

I have a Wii (red edition) with an WII2HDMI converter and it work fine on my old TV LCD Sony 32 inches

So I bought a new Tv Sony 4k Android 48 inches and it turns out that when I was testing my Wii, it gives signal and sound but the video shows only in the superior part of the Tv, I try with the other HDMI inputs with the same results, no video but it sound, so I thought my Wii broke and test it in my old Tv and it work normally.

My new Tv does not have a component input only Usb and HDMI, I have try the following things on my new TV

· I try in settings in video changing to Game mode, but not good, still the video is messed up.

· Unplug my Tv and my Wii and connect them again

· Try wih 3 different HDMI cables (I have another device plug and video is ok)

· Reestablish the Tv to factory mode, no good

Additional note, I have the original xbox with an HDMI cable and it work just fine on the new 4k TV

Really any advice could help, thanks

2. Medveitsi

Medveitsi GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Buy mclassic

3. jamallego

OP jamallego Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Thanks for your reply, did not know the mclassic was available for the Wii

4. teamlocust

teamlocust GBAtemp Regular

India
  5. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    I have a basic £5 wii2hdmi for quick connections, but a OSSC or Tink would be far better :)

6. jamallego

OP jamallego Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Thanks for you advice but OSSC and mclassic aer way too expensive for my budget at this time

7. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Maniac

Mexico
    You might need to setup your screen to stretch the input image, so it fills the whole screen.

Not all screens have that option though.

8. Draxikor

Draxikor GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    You can buy a component cable and a component to HDMI converter like the Portta, this one just pass the signal is not a upscaler so that's why is cheaper.

Last edited by Draxikor, Aug 22, 2020
  9. RaulGa

RaulGa Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    you can try GBS-Control if you are in a budget, its gonna output max 1080p, but the upscaling of the original 480p will me better than your tvs, after that, the tv does the 1080p to 4k scalling.

/watch?v=fmfR0XI5czI&t=1

dont use 15:01 video feed in the left as a example, Bob probably made some mistake there, the video is a little soft but for 3D will be perfect and its fine for 2D, looks like the output of the framemaister and you can build one for around $20 bucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted