Wii not turning off properly

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kano, Jan 30, 2013.

Jan 30, 2013

Wii not turning off properly by kano at 4:15 PM (1,157 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. kano
    OP

Newcomer kano Advanced Member

Malta
    Hello guys,

Its been a while since my last post here

I have this strange issue with one of those new blue Wii consoles that has no GC ports
    the details are as follows:
    new blue Wii that has never been hacked before, used latest modmii as I always did on default settings and just to mention I did not installed any custom themes
    everything installed properly and works fine except for when I try to turn off the console both using the remote and console itself from within the system menu
    it just stays with the blue light on and even you hear it powered on
    also just to be clear I have the wii connect24 and stanby set to off so its not on standby
    I would have to turn it off by holding the power button on the console for about 10 secs to turn it off completely from the system menu
    another strange thing is when I play a game off from USB or Disc and try to switch it off from in-game, it turns off properly

does anyone here know the cause ? or perhaps the solution ?

thanks in advance

2. Veldimare

Newcomer Veldimare Newbie

United States
    Hey kano, I have recently had this problem I cannot find a solution. I have the original wii, and when I power it down from anything other than a game, I get a constant solid green light, I too have to hold the power button down for some time before it shuts down all the way. I was wondering if you had found a solution.
    I thought it was a hardware problem, even though it was working fine.

Now for a but of information. I modded a new wii right before I modded my own. It does not in fact have this problem.
    And I have tried to remod which didn't help either.

3. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    I have seen a few issues like this lately. Run syscheck, see if it has a boot2-v5. It seems that there may be some new wii hardware that is possibly slightly incompatible with ios60-v6174. If you do see this boot2-v5, I would see if installing a clean ios80 with patches helps, not the ios60 patched to slot 80 which modmii defaults to. Just speculation here, so not really sure. But you can't really hurt it by installing the proper ios80 back to see if it helps.

4. actar

Member actar GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    I'm seen so much wii with patched IOS (like modmii install) an boot2 v5.
    No problem for me.

Obviously I'm not saying that you are wrong, but is what I see.

5. gimmeesome

Newcomer gimmeesome Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have the same problem with a BlackWii. To turn off properly, it requires holding the power button in for 5 secs. A 'regular' press of either the power button on the controller or Wii appears to mostly shut it down as the screen goes off but the power is still on (power LED is green and USB drive is still powered on).

However, choosing the shutdown option from with the homebrew channel does shut it down properly.

It is the second time I have run Modmii on it (1st time a long time ago so thought I would redo the cracks). Everything ran perfectly as per instructions with no problems and everything works fine except for the issue turning off.

Does the installing a clean ios80 fix this issue?

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated, thanks

Edit:...
    I've done so many Wii's with ModMii and this is the only one with any issues let alone this issue.
    Used ModMii 6.2.6 this time. I think the issue existed before I re-did the crack.
    SysCheck reports;
    Boot2 v4
    IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
    IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access

6. mauifrog

United States
    I am just guessing, so if you have seen these boot2-v5 wii's run system ios60 without issue, then it is probably not tje issue. Just seems that there has been a few of these issues recently. I don't know what it is.

7. actar

Member actar GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    If someone give me in those a days a Wii with bootv5 I'll make some test.
    In fact all the Wii I had mod recently with the mod boot2-v5, I always left the SM 4.3 (and then using IOS80).
    As soon as I get the chance I try to do some tests with the various system menus.

In my Wii I have boot-v4 and I can't try that.

8. actar

Member actar GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    I help today a user with the same problem.
    After modding a Wii, all works good, but Wii stay always with green light: for shut-down 3 second on power button (also from Wiimote doesn't work).

This is the first syscheck:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Boot is v4.. the problem isn't that.

I said him to try this:
    1) Reinstall SM (trying change with 4.2E) and priiloader: nothing change
    2) Install original SM IOS (IOS70-64-v6687): problem fixed.

Then the problem isn't on priiloader or in some specific SM, but in the patched System IOS (downloaded via ModMii.. this one: IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad).

But why on some Wii there is that problem?

If you need other info tell/ask me, but I haven't this Wii, so I can't see/do so much thing (I will ask to the user).

9. mauifrog

United States
    Thanks. So some wiis do not like ios60-v6174 in slot 70/80. And that was a 4.2 wii, with boot2 v4. Interesting, does not make any sense, but good to know. That patched system ios has been installed on so many wiis without issue, strange that only a few would have issue with it.

10. actar

Member actar GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    An another thing.. this Wii is the new without CameCube port.

If I had to hear the user, I will ask him to try to install pathced System IOS, but without DIP module (only IOS70-64-v6687[FS-ES-NP-VP]].
    Just for understand what cause the issue.

11. mauifrog

United States
    That sounds like a good idea, it could be the dip module and not ios60-v6174.