Wii not spinning, serious help needed.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by marioemblem, May 18, 2010.

May 18, 2010
  1. marioemblem

Newcomer marioemblem Member

May 5, 2010
    United States
    DVD not spinning video

The Wii DVD drive doesn't spin, but does accept and ejects discs, I opened it up and found that the laser moves awkwardly and its movements are the ones causing the "clack clack clack" noise, so I recorded it to see if anyone could help. I never got any "can't read discs" message, nor any disc-reading problems, just one day I turned it on and it didn't spin the discs, and I heard the "clack clack clack" noise you can hear in the video.

Any ideas on what could be done?

Check the youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXHmQr1Zu-k), and it shows all that's wrong with the DVD drive, and maybe I can finally know what's really wrong with my wii.

Please help! [​IMG]

UPDATE: I checked, and there's a black tape (i think) that holds the laser in place, I had sent my wii to repair and when it got back it didn't had that black tape... how much does this affect?

UPDATE2: Nevermind, I put more tape, and now it works, I fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Tripp

Member Tripp GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2006
    South East Florida
    United States
    I'm guessing people are going to say a replacement drive which I'm sure you thought about.

Wish I could help.