Hardware Wii needs repair, out of warranty how much does it cost?

tsantsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, my son was about to play Wii today and suddenly the cd drive starts making whirring noises. At first it wouldn't accept a disc then it took it, but it took it halfway then finally all the way. I assume the drive is faulty. I was getting ready to contact nintendo but thought i would ask if anyone has had to get their Wii repaired. And if so, how much did it cost if it was out of warranty (mine is).

Also, could I maybe buy a new drive online? Also, wouldn't this be a perfect opportunity to try modz?

EDIT: Um, so yeah. NM my post. My little 2 year old decided the slot drive should not only accept games but it's now a piggy bank. I have now made a full withdrawal of the account and am now going to test to see if this thing was permanently damaged or not...

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I liked the way you phrased that.

I'd just like to add that if the drive in fact does not work, Nintendo is pretty nice about extending warranties and stuff. My gamecube started having trouble way after the warranty expired and they replaced it for free anyway.

If that doesn't work, then yes, a new drive from the internet is a great idea. You could also buy one premodded if you want, but I think that those are marked up quite a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1