Hardware Wii MotionPlus Built-In Issues?

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! We recently bought the MotionPlus connection along with another separate MotionPlus built-in controller. The MotionPlus as the separate add-on is working just fine. I re-calibrated the remote to the sensor bar & this one seems to be okay. I can't say the same about the Wii MotionPlus built-in controller.

I can't seem to get it to work right. It's not being picked up from the sensor bar at all times. I need to have it in a certain location for the sensor to pick it up. The location is about 8-10 ft. away from the TV & down low. We have our sensor bar located above our TV. If I don't have it in a certain area it will not work. It's not like that with the other controller. I do have the built-in one synced up with the Wii. We tried new batteries just to be safe & that didn't help either.

I've not been able to find many reviews about the built-in MotionPlus controller. I've gotten it setup right. It's showing in slot #2 from the Wii. I even switched the slot to #1 and made the other controller #2 but still it's not working right. Does anybody know what may be causing my problem? Thanks!

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
i have 2 wii remote plus controllers and they work fine, are you sure it's not a fake one? if you brought it from a 3rd party seller then it may be fake.

I'm talking about the built-in one though. The MotionPlus as a connection works just fine. They are not fake. It's the official ones from Nintendo. I bought them from a trusted seller on eBay. Thanks!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tonybologna said:
jalaneme said:
i have 2 wii remote plus controllers and they work fine, are you sure it's not a fake one? if you brought it from a 3rd party seller then it may be fake.

I'm talking about the built-in one though. The MotionPlus as a connection works just fine. They are not fake. It's the official ones from Nintendo. I bought them from a trusted seller on eBay. Thanks!
That statement kind of destroys everything. Even if it looks legit it might still be fake

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've bought items from this eBay seller before. It's nothing to do with the seller. I don't wanna open up the built-in remote. I mean it's brand new. I think it's something to do with sensitivity to the sensor bar. Thanks!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be either that, or the remote took damage on the way to your house. Like what bowser said, you should try to open it up and see if it has mis-aligned.

Or, if you want, you can take a picture and let us look for damage?

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know anything about these built-in MotionPlus controllers? Reviews are hard to find. You can find quite a few reviews of the MotionPlus connectors but not the built-in controller ones. I took a close look at the remote. There's no signs of any damage. Looks like it should & that's brand new. I mean there's no signs of anything wrong.

I can make selections with certain things from the Wii menu but after that it's hit & miss. I need to have it in a certain location. It's very odd! Even when I get it at that location, it's very sensitive. Slightest movement up/down/left/right & the cursor disappears off the screen. I'd like to know more about this thing before I jump to any conclusions. Thanks!

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
i have a black one and never had any probs. sounds like you got a cheap Chinese knock-off
post the ebay link i'll tell you if it is.

I finally got it working right. We have a projection HD TV setup with the Wii. We keep the sensor bar above the TV. That's the way it's been since we had this TV for about 6 years. I decided to experiment where I placed the sensor bar. I found a hot spot it seems. I moved it to the right of the TV more closer to the actual Wii console.

The Wii console is about 2 1/2 feet off the ground. The sensor bar is about a foot away a little higher off the ground. That seems to have worked. I don't know exactly why but the bult-in controller is now working pretty much like it should. Does anybody know why? Surely, the console is not that sensitive. Thanks!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
machomuu said:
tonybologna said:
jalaneme said:

That statement kind of destroys everything. Even if it looks legit it might still be fake

This statement destroys everything. Even if they look legit at GameStop, BestBuy or other major retailers, they still might be fake. (right?)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
machomuu said:
tonybologna said:
jalaneme said:

yep, that is certainly fake, and OP i was talking about the inbuilt wii remote +, i have 2 of them and they both work fine.

also proof that you can get fake wii remote plus.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/nunchuck-remo...ue-2-x-aa-80848

i wouldn't even trust ebay for anything.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i got mine off ebay and it works fine. as long as you dont buy them from hong kong, korea or any asian country you'll be fine. when searching check the box that says browse your country ONLY to stop them from showing up. i buy nearly everything from ebay cos shopping sux here you just need to know WHAT YOUR DOING
tongue.gif

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies everybody. However, I'm experienced with most of the comments.

For the ones knocking eBay. I've been an eBay member for years. I've not came across one single bad transaction either. I know it can happen but eBay has put a stop to most fraudulent activity on there. This controller isn't a Chinese knock-off. I know all about fake stuff. I also know how to filter items out from other countries. I'm not a newbie on eBay by any means. Been buying & selling from there since 2004.

I also know how to adjust the sensitivity from the Wii. I've done it many times in the past just tinkering with the controllers.

Did you guys catch my previous reply? I said I got the built-in controller working. It wasn't what I thought it needed. Moving the sensor bar to another location has solved the problem with that controller. I still don't know exactly why but it's not about a fake or Chinese knock-off controller. The eBay seller has a 99.8% seller rating(trusted seller) & has been in constant communication since I emailed the problem to them.

They've even offered me a free replacement in return & keep the one I have. It doesn't appear that I need a replacement. Maybe this built-in controller is just more sensitive than most or it did receive slight damage during shipment. I just feel it's okay now with the sensor bar being moved to a different location. Thanks guys!

morgan200

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
just so you know the sensor bar is nothing more than two LEDs so that your wii-mote has a point of reference, it doesn't transmit nor receive any form of data. If you had to move the senor bar specifically for this new controller then I think you have a problem with your control, as someone pointed out, being out of alignment...Something to think about
yaywii.gif

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
morgan200 said:
just so you know the sensor bar is nothing more than two LEDs so that your wii-mote has a point of reference, it doesn't transmit nor receive any form of data. If you had to move the senor bar specifically for this new controller then I think you have a problem with your control, as someone pointed out, being out of alignment...Something to think about
yaywii.gif

I'll keep that in mind. I've communicated with the seller & they're aware that I could have a somewhat faulty controller. It's working like it should but like you said I did have to move the sensor bar. I shouldn't need to do that. Thanks!

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow I bought a Wii Motion Plus controller from Amazon from one of their sellers called digi. Anyway I got it very cheap but when I got it, I suspected it was a fake but found no info on the net about fake Wii Motion Plus controls so thought I was OK. Now I'm not so sure.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Well Blade you would know. I paid AU $26 all up with shipping included for my Wii Motion Plus but it could be real. It looks legit and came in a Japanese Nintendo box but it was shipped from Hong Kong by looking at the packaging.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: