Homebrew Wii Modding (2019)

DonnieCakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am kind of at a loss over the amount of data out there, so I am hoping maybe people can point me in the right direction? I bought my twins a Wii for XMas and am looking for more of a modern guide of what to use to get it fully setup on games from a HDD. I already ran a HomeBrew (successfully), I am at the point of setting up an SD Card and a USB Drive for games.

On the SD Card under apps I have placed PriiLoader, usbloader_gx and WiiModLite although not 100% sure what steps I need to take to get everything running.

I am looking to put USBLoader GX on the channel screen so its easy to browse catalogs for my kids. The guides seem outdated a bit (makes sense, the Wii is old) and because of that I am just trying to piece everything together. For example, USBLoader recommends a WAD loader that doesn't seem to exist anymore, or at least isn't recommend anymore.

So my ultimate goal is:

1. Run the apps from an SD Card
2. Run games from a USB Drive

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am kind of at a loss over the amount of data out there, so I am hoping maybe people can point me in the right direction? I bought my twins a Wii for XMas and am looking for more of a modern guide of what to use to get it fully setup on games from a HDD. I already ran a HomeBrew (successfully), I am at the point of setting up an SD Card and a USB Drive for games.

On the SD Card under apps I have placed PriiLoader, usbloader_gx and WiiModLite although not 100% sure what steps I need to take to get everything running.

I am looking to put USBLoader GX on the channel screen so its easy to browse catalogs for my kids. The guides seem outdated a bit (makes sense, the Wii is old) and because of that I am just trying to piece everything together. For example, USBLoader recommends a WAD loader that doesn't seem to exist anymore, or at least isn't recommend anymore.

So my ultimate goal is:

1. Run the apps from an SD Card
2. Run games from a USB Drive

Hello.:)

The ModMii Guide is still up to Date.:)

You can use it for

- Softmodding the Wii
- Customize your Softmod
- Setup your USBLoader GX
- ...and many more.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

If you have any Questions,please feel free to ask.:)

Thank you.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock