Wii Menu Audio Distorted

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Luriden, May 9, 2009.

May 9, 2009

Wii Menu Audio Distorted by Luriden at 6:03 PM (750 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Luriden
    OP

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    After fixing my problem with many of my Wii games not working by running through the ultimate 4.0 guide again, I've run into another annoying problem.

Since I installed 4.0, preloader, and CIOSCORP, all the sounds in the system menu sound very staticy and distorted. The games sound fine, but as soon as I bring up the home menu in the game I can hear it. Basically, all the sounds are almost like a low bitrate MP3... not sure how that relates to the Wii, but just by comparison that's all I can pull off the top of my head. I select something on the menu, and it sounds like a 32 bitrate MP3. Very staticy sounding, not very clear, and certainly annoying as hell in surround.

I did a search and found someone with a "ringing" problem on their Wii system menu after installing preloader and CIOSCORP, and the problem was never solved. I'm not sure if this is the same situation as it doesn't sound much like ringing to me, it just sounds like I have cans over my speakers.

2. ndtemple417

Newcomer ndtemple417 Member

United States
    i to have this problem and im on 3.2 and it only happens sometimes wish it could be fixed

3. Luriden
    OP

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Mine happens always. Bleh.

I'm hoping that installing the new 4.1 and SoftMii will fix it.

I never had it happen on 3.2 though. Did you install it with the downgrader by doing a network installation?

4. xyourmomx

Newcomer xyourmomx Member

United States
    I had this from an old version of HBC. Going into it would randomly mess up the sound. It also affected vocals in some games.

I just would go into the sound, change it to mono, go back to the menu, power down, unplug the wii for about a minute, plug it back in, turn it on, change the audio to stereo, and then to surround (which is what I have it set for) and it would fix usually.

Worst scenario I had was all the sounds shifted to the right... What should play from the center speaker, was coming out of my right, my right was coming out of the rear... so on and so forth, made for an annoying day

5. A252

Newcomer A252 Member

Spain
    I have the same problem since I installed preloader. The solution is set preloader -> when turn on Wii, preloader menu not appears and pass directly to system menu.
    Sorry for my ban english.