yes to hash indeed! lol

wub.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SifJar said:
You could just update with WADs, keeping your current IOS36. (i.e. download IOS70 and System Menu 4.2 as WADs with NUSD and install them). And before the update, dump HBC, then reinstall it afterwards. This would also keep BootMii as boot2 alive.
No you couldn't. The HBC is deleted by the system menu, not the update. It's save to say that the system menu will check for it at every start, like it does for the twilight hack.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
@tattar8: IOS16 is a useless stub as v512 (what comes with 4.0 and up), so no, TBR won't work.

I think you misunderstood me. If I use ATD on cIOS while running 4.1 to delete the stub IOS16 and then install the original IOS16 from the BackupDisc, then won't I be able to use it for ATD on 4.2?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tattar8 said:
techboy said:
@tattar8: IOS16 is a useless stub as v512 (what comes with 4.0 and up), so no, TBR won't work.

I think you misunderstood me. If I use ATD on cIOS while running 4.1 to delete the stub IOS16 and then install the original IOS16 from the BackupDisc, then won't I be able to use it for ATD on 4.2?
why ould you install the old IOS16 if you have a cIOS isntalled already?

BlueJon5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bluejon.com
XP
Country
United States
by any chance does this effect any of the homebrew type channel that were saved in sd memory card and you have the sd channel if your system has been updated to 4.1 and uses CIOS
i am guessing that the sd channel is still there
so after you was to update to 4.2 would you be able to load up at least some type of homebrew from the sd?
just wondering

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
tattar8 said:
techboy said:

why ould you install the old IOS16 if you have a cIOS isntalled already?

I have a few younger siblings. I would install it just in case one of them updates to see what's new in the Shop Channel

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
SifJar said:
You could just update with WADs, keeping your current IOS36. (i.e. download IOS70 and System Menu 4.2 as WADs with NUSD and install them). And before the update, dump HBC, then reinstall it afterwards. This would also keep BootMii as boot2 alive.
No you couldn't. The HBC is deleted by the system menu, not the update. It's save to say that the system menu will check for it at every start, like it does for the twilight hack.

If it is checking only for the HBC title ID (I am assuming so), simply changing the title ID and re-installing the HBC from a wad would work. v4.2 wouldn't know the new title ID to delete.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slowking said:
SifJar said:

I meant you would change the title ID before reinstalling it. Sorry, I forgot to say that. The System Menu checks for HAXX and deletes it, if HBC has a different title ID, it'll be fine. Also, in another thread, there is talk of applying a preloader hack to a WAD, and installing it. Would that work does anyone know?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
IOS16 would just get re-updated to v512 in an update anyway.

Just install the new Shop Channel using WiiSCU

Forget all that, and never mind why, but if I update now after installing IOS16, would it work?

chrisf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueJon5 said:
by any chance does this effect any of the homebrew type channel that were saved in sd memory card and you have the sd channel if your system has been updated to 4.1 and uses CIOS
i am guessing that the sd channel is still there
so after you was to update to 4.2 would you be able to load up at least some type of homebrew from the sd?
just wondering

put down the pipe kiiid!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o