Hacking Wii Locking Up

rendez2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently soft hacked my 4.1 Wii and all looked like it had gone well. However, after trying to play a couple of backup games today, its randomly locking up requiring a hard-restart (and also did the same thing in USB Loader Gx). So, am I likely to have done something wrong and how best can it be fixed now? Or, is a component I installed likely to be out-of-date?

rendez2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I used dop-ios and everything looked updated but I ran the updates anyway. A few IOS's were missing which I left anyway.

Then I ran pimp my wii in test mode only. I go 3 main errors from what I could tell:

1. The IOS34 is not an original IOS
2. IOS36 has the es_identify bug corrected
3. Must have all IOSs

So, is it safe to correct these?! Sorry, I'm completely new at all this!

rendez2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I've tried everything I can think off - I've double checked everything I know off and installed everything pimp my wii and dop-ios recommends and its still randomly locking up.

So, what can I do now? Will going through the exact same steps I did to hack the Wii help or can I format it? Any other ideas?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Any chance that you got wiiconnect24 enabled and added some friend who has regular email and received a big email from him/her?

The above case causes freezes...

rendez2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiconnect24 is enabled but the only emails I get are from Nintendo (got 2 in the inbox now). Should i delete those and disable wiiconnect24?

Also, the freezes are odd - background animations are still going on - I just loose the ability to control anything and the only button that appears to work is the power button on the actual Wii.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
rendez2k said:
wiiconnect24 is enabled but the only emails I get are from Nintendo (got 2 in the inbox now). Should i delete those and disable wiiconnect24?

Also, the freezes are odd - background animations are still going on - I just loose the ability to control anything and the only button that appears to work is the power button on the actual Wii.

No, regular messages will not cause any problem, only emails with big attachments...

rendez2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I've done further testing. It appears that only backup games are locking the Wii up and I think it happens after roughly the same amount of time be it in the menu or in the game. Originals are fine. I was originally burning to DVD but due to the issues I've been testing them on my 16gb USB Key but again, this gives the same issues as the DVD (although say in Wii Sports Resort I can actually get into the game for some reason). So, does something need updating/downgrading or is it the USB key aswell as the DVDs causing the issue? I've tried launching through both USB Loader Gx and NeoGamma.

rendez2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Something odd has happened I think - When I checked my FW number, I'm sure it was 4.1U even though its a UK Wii.

I then went to try a different USB stick tonight and things appear to have started working OK. I looked in settings again and it looks like its now 4.1E! The only thing I did was run the installer for cIOS38 rev 13b - I was thinking of downgrading but I didn't go through with it. I also ran 2 original UK games - could this have changed it somehow? Even my backup DVD I made which was freezing is now working!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: For you @Xdqwerty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF1sefvrN40 +1