Hacking WII LOAD V 0.5 !!! RELEASED

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
The only way that wiiload is useful is if you're a developer trying to see if you've finally fixed a bug, or if you're just learning, where sending a 100 byte 'hello world' program isn't worth messing with an SD card.

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
I also use it for checking out small homebrew apps. I even used it to launch FTPii so that I could install FTPii on my SD card
biggrin.gif

Lazy I know... The Wii is about 2m away!

FTPii is far more useful normally, I often use that to copy Snes/TG/Genesis roms on the SD.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If only they did homebrew that would use more this features, like loading roms from the computer too, and not only just the elf...
Yeah, good point, why did I never think of that? Surely loading smaller ROMs (such as GBA and SNES ROMs) would be much easier and would save lots of space and ferrying around.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
lol, it is funny how you make a "bonus" feature into a "must-have" one

I just find way easier to have a SDcard with roms than having my computer powered ON and a file server setup

but still, the technical performance is interesting, snes9x for gamecube had support for loading rom from a SAMBA server,and it seems they are working on a similar feature for the Wii version: http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/source/list

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER