Hacking Wii .iso help.

ACSpeedUp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to apologise now because I realise how annoying these topics must be for you guys. I've read the stickies, I've browsed through most of the topics, I've searched google for hours and I've gone through about 20 discs and I just can't seem to get these stupid .isos working on my damn Wii.

I'm using Backup Loader and cIOS thingy and I'm really not that savvy when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I followed the instructions to the T so I assume I have installed that right.

I'm using Imation DVD +R| 16x discs and have tried using imgBurn and Nero to burn the image onto the disc. I've also tried with magmedia DVD - R discs and had no luck. I'm running Windows Vista and I'm on a Dell XPS M1530 laptop (not sure if that really helps). Not sure what information to give you so just ask for specifics.

The discs burn "seemingly" fine, but I get a disc read error in the Wii every time. The burning process (using imgBurn) also fails occasionally, but hasn't failed for Nero.

I'm attempting to burn Wii Music (NTSC) on to a disc. I don't think it's scrubbed or whatever (I have no idea what all that stuff means) and I'm rather sure it's all set up properly. I am running a PAL Wii though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologise once again for how annoying I probably am right now.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure you have force pal in the option of the backuploader mate also try different disks or try at a lower speed (best to use dvd-r) i find just about any disk i burn on any makers media works tho i have not tried them two you have said i will see if i can find some off them and give it a go

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
When using DVD+R you have to change the book type to DVD-R (search for this option depending on your burning software). The DVD-R on the other hand should work, although I haven't heard about "magmedia". Verbatim brought great results for me (and many others).

It's also important to burn at slow speed (4x max, I burn at 2x).

If that doesn't help, maybe you could first try burning another game before looking deeper into it...?

ACSpeedUp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a friend who used the same .iso and it worked fine for him. Though he does have a chipped wii (he used backup loader though). I'll be trying with another iso over the next few days but any other help would be appreciated in the mean time.

Just tried to Force PAL 60 using the DVD - R disc, and just got a green screen.

Any help with finding that booktype thing in imgburn and/or Nero?

ACSpeedUp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My burner is a Toshiba MK3252GSX...which isn't even an option for booktyping on imgburn.

Is that why it's probably not working? Fail burner?

EDIT:

Here's my list of things to do.

1) Get verbatim CD - R discs.
2) Use a different iso.
3) Burn at extremely slow speeds.
4) Force PAL in options?
5) Cry when it doesn't work.

ACSpeedUp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Double post to get this topic back to where someone can see it.

Does that list seem right? I always get the feeling that I haven't done something essential to the whole process as I'm just an idiot.

Shadowmoses

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
and i make this to show you how to do the booktype with imgburn

56143878yy0.gif

you need to know the brand of the burner ( mine is a plextor 708a)

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i have a pioneer dvr-k17b i can burn my games perfect on dvd-r but i want to burn on dvd+r but in imgburn and nero there is no option for pioneer so how do i change the booktype?

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Shadow moses is right...Taiyo Yuden DVD-R discs. Slow burn is not required. I normally burn at 8x. Never burnt a coaster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news.