alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PaperPlane said:
Nintendo already said that the next console will have HD, but as of yet not enough people have HDTVs for it to be worthwhile to make it more expensive and less people be interested in it.

Bold is more along exactly what Nintendo said.

And "Alex", saying this "By the time Nintendo makes and HD console, there will be something better, like how Digital TVs are killing Antenna TVs. There will be HG(Hologram) view before Nintendo makes an HD console. XD"

Every single post I see from you is wrong. :|

Umm.. you know I'm just being sarcastic, don't have to go rant all over the forum about it, if you hate me, add me to your ignore list, and there, done, ignore me.

But eventually technology will be stretched far beyond we ever imagined. And Nintendo will probably be a step behind it.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is kind of on-topic anyway: I still don't have a Wii and I would like to get one, but I heard that the image quality on a HD or HD Ready TV is not very good. Is that true?

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex said:
PaperPlane said:
Nintendo already said that the next console will have HD, but as of yet not enough people have HDTVs for it to be worthwhile to make it more expensive and less people be interested in it.

Bold is more along exactly what Nintendo said.

And "Alex", saying this "By the time Nintendo makes and HD console, there will be something better, like how Digital TVs are killing Antenna TVs. There will be HG(Hologram) view before Nintendo makes an HD console. XD"

Every single post I see from you is wrong. :|

Umm.. you know I'm just being sarcastic, don't have to go rant all over the forum about it, if you hate me, add me to your ignore list, and there, done, ignore me.

But eventually technology will be stretched far beyond we ever imagined. And Nintendo will probably be a step behind it.
I seem to have forgotten to add an important part.
You're not funny.

And I'm not ranting. I don't rant or blog or get eNgry.
I don'tuse the ignore list on this site because it's watered down from a real one.
A better idea would just to completely block viewing an ignored person instead of displaying their post sort of like a spoiler.
Whenever I ignore someone I just click to read their post anyway, because it's there, so I read it.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, stop stop. I'm not trying to be funny, let's get back on topic so no one gets in trouble. Keep it clean, this is about... read the damn topic title! It's about the "Wii in HD" And if it was possible, no not yet. But Nintendo said they probably would in their next console.

There, now stop, seriously, don't read my post if you think they're stupid. I'm not trying to be a bigshot here a GBATemp, its just a forum. Don't post anymore about this. Keep on topic, you should stop too, or else you'll be a n00b just to keep the fire going.

Okay, sorry people. Everyone back on topic.
So do those RGB cables for the Wii really improve the quality of the picture? Or is it just for being there about wasting 10$, does it significantly improve it?

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Alex said:
So do those RGB cables for the Wii really improve the quality of the picture? Or is it just for being there about wasting 10$, does it significantly improve it?
You're talking about Component, right? I got one earlier this week and at least it looks better than S-VIDEO - which I was using before that
smile.gif
But the picture is not as sharp as I had expected it to be.

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of the info floating around on this thread is outright WRONG.

Going down the list.

1. Making the wii a SD console was not a "mistake" it was their greatest advantage. While every ps3 and 360 sold at launch LOST money, every wii sold made a tidy profit. Because nintendo was hurting so bad from gamecube sales, a cheap system was EXACTLY what they needed to release. The "revolution" was the controller and even if you don't agree this was considered to be next gen beause it's by far the #1 selling console of this generation and if sales are kept at a reasonable level it will go on to surpass the ps2 as the best selling console of all time!

2. Unless there is some sort of hardware and/or OS lock, the wii is perfectly capable of displaying hd out. Component connections by default can do up to 1080i.

3. The wii is plenty powerful enough to do limited (keyword limited) hd output. Some xbox 1 games outputted at 720p and the wii is slightly more powerful than the xbox 1. Why people think it's a "puny" system is beyond me. It'll never do a high textrue 1080i 3d game at 60 fps, but a mario-style game at 720p... yeah it could handle that. I'm still waiting for someone to hack the opera browser to output 1080i (which the wii can probably handle since web pages don't exactly have any animation to worry about.)

4. The wii (at least currently) does NOT do 720p. 720p is 1280x720 and true hi-def. I believe you have confused it with 480p, which is 720x480, which the wii does with a component connection. If we want to get technical, the wii could still be considered hd (or possibly MD) because broadcast signals, which are considered SD come in at 480i, not 480p.
wink.gif

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IMO, the 480p component does greatly increase the graphics, the colors are much brighter, and theres stuff im seeing that i havents seen before with official component cable, tho you cant forget to set your wii into hdtv mode in wii system options

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up