Wii has problems playing games

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by JDude151, Mar 12, 2011.

Mar 12, 2011
  1. JDude151
    OP

Newcomer JDude151 Newbie

United States
    Recently (as in within the last two months or so) my Wii has had problems with every game I've tried. The Wii turns on fine, and the menu and such loads as normal, but any game discs I put in just don't get read.

When I put a disc in (Wii or Gamecube), it whirs a little bit, and then it clicks three times. It never starts making the whir it makes when it's reading the disc to load the Disc Channel info and all.

Every so often, it'll actually work like it's supposed to, but usually it goes right back to not working if I try to put another game in.

So:

1: Can I fix it by myself?
    2: If not, can I make a backup of my entire Wii before I send it in, just in case? (I softmodded my Wii a long time ago and made a NAND backup with Bootmii, but it's been a while since then, and I don't feel like losing all the new data if I can help it.)
    3: Again, I softmodded my Wii. While the disc update for Metroid: Other M deleted the Homebrew channel, I still have a few other unofficial channels up (not that I've done anything with them in recent memory). If I leave them there and send my Wii in, will Nintendo notice/care? Should I delete them beforehand (or will that matter in the grand scheme? Can Nintendo find out anyway?)?

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Fear Zoa

Member Fear Zoa This... This is the world we live in

United States
    I'm not entirely sure but it sounds like it could be the drive breaking (tends to happen)

But I can assure your going to want to get rid of any softmods before sending it in ...Nintendo does indeed care about them

3. JDude151
    OP

Newcomer JDude151 Newbie

United States
    Alright...
    Is it as simple as deleting the channels off of the system, or is there something more advanced I have to do?

IIRC, I've got a WAD manager channel and a really old backup loader channel installed, and I think that's it.