OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playfire.com
XP
Country
Poland
Okay, in other topic (MH3 anyone?) I said that I installed ciosbugfix55 and the newest cIOS rev 14 in order to play Monster Hunter 3, but it didn't worked. For me at least... Anyway, after that I wanted to play Animal Crossing and Mario Kart Wii. As always I loaded them via Backup Launcher, everything goes fine to the moment when:
-> in Animal Crossing, I cannot loaded my town after Rover's talk (it was all the time loading, loading and loading... must have power off Wii manually until the red light appeared at the on/off button)
-> in Mario Kart Wii, the game paused at the beginning of the race, couldn't do anything, only voices from game was playing, WiiRemote didn't respond although the first player light on it was on, and I must have do the same that I done with Animal Crossing - turned system off hard method.

After few hours, I launched Wii again, but before another try I reconnected my WiiRemote with console and up to this moment (almost hour) everything is playing fine, to be more specific, Animal Crossing is running fine. After while I'll check Mario Kart Wii. My question is, why did this happen? I haven't done anything wrong, everything went smoothly while installing cIOS's. Could somebody answer me?
unsure.gif

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After SoftModing a Wii some times "out of no where" they can be buggy..
It kinda sounds like the system was overheating, where you playing it for a real long time?

Anyways and I tell every one this Installing any cIOS or IOS patch can brick the Wii so make sure you have BootMii and or Pre-Loader installed..
There the only to fix a Bricked Wii, with out them you'll be screwed.

If you don't have either and need help installing them just ask!

Have Fun.

chrPL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playfire.com
XP
Country
Poland
oxMUDxo said:
After SoftModing a Wii some times "out of no where" they can be buggy..
It kinda sounds like the system was overheating, where you playing it for a real long time?

Anyways and I tell every one this Installing any cIOS or IOS patch can brick the Wii so make sure you have BootMii and or Pre-Loader installed..
There the only to fix a Bricked Wii, with out them you'll be screwed.

If you don't have either and need help installing them just ask!

Have Fun.

Thanks for the really fast reply oxMUDxo
yay.gif
. At the moment, everything works fine. Usually I play something about 2 hours two-three times a day, but before next gaming session, Wii is resting completely turned off and without Internet connection enabled. And yes, I don't have installed Preloader nor BootMii. My Wii is currently 3.3E for very long time, and if rI emember correctly, I would need to downgrade/upgrade it to 3.2/4.0 in order to install Preloader, which also is kinda risky for me. Tomorrow I'll look at some tutorials about this and maybe will force myself to so it
smile.gif
. If I'll have any question I'll post them here, don't worry about it. And once again, thanks for the fast answer. I must say that this forum have one of the best users I ever met. Big kudos for everyone here and keep it up
yay.gif

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can Install BootMii on any System Menu unlike Pre-loader...I'm 75% sure anyway, and if the Wii is a older one "bought around the time when they first came out" you can Install BootMii to Boot2 and have the best Brick protection out to date..
smile.gif

I would do this before doing any updates or installing any more apps, cIOS etc.
You should look in to it ASAP!

If you need any help just ask.

Good Luck.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Alexrose said:
You tried to run MH3 through softchip with the ios set to 55 in options?

Monster Hunter 3 runs fine when following this video tut here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp2oLFbOjeA

for english description scroll down a bit in the more info on the right side.

I used this tut and MH3 is playing fine, even with character renaming!

Top!

chrPL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playfire.com
XP
Country
Poland
G0dLiKe said:
Alexrose said:
You tried to run MH3 through softchip with the ios set to 55 in options?

Monster Hunter 3 runs fine when following this video tut here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp2oLFbOjeA

for english description scroll down a bit in the more info on the right side.

I used this tut and MH3 is playing fine, even with character renaming!

Top!

Thanks for the idea and video. I'll try this tomorrow, but before that, I have one problem with Gecko... Even thet DVD with game is inside Wii, Gecko displays message, that "No disc" is inserted :/. And I don't know why. But anyway, I'll probably wait for English version in 2010
yay.gif

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any plains to bring Monster Hunter to the US?
I loved playing it on my PSP.

Sorry I know this doesn't help anyone...Just a question.

chrPL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playfire.com
XP
Country
Poland
oxMUDxo said:
Are there any plains to bring Monster Hunter to the US?
I loved playing it on my PSP.

Sorry I know this doesn't help anyone...Just a question.

If you mean Monster Hunter 3, the answer is yes. Capcom officialy said that MH3 will be released in USA/Europe in the early 2010, look here. So until then, I'll pass Japanese version
wink.gif

chrPL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playfire.com
XP
Country
Poland
Well, the situation unfortunetely repeated today :/. Few moments ago I wanted to launch Animal Crossing and it stopped 3 times on loading screen at different moment (after warning screen, when I clicked my name to load game, when my town was loading). And again I must have turn Wii off manually, holding the on/off button until it'll be red. I don't know why this happens again. Maybe it's fault of cIOS rev 14? Or maybe ciosbugfix55? But at the other hand, both installed properly, without any errors. So why? I don't know what to do :/. Should I downgrade to 3.2 or maybe upgrade to the newest version via the 'update' option in the Wii options? Or maybe is there any app that will check my Wii's internal status and tell me does everything is okay (heh, obviously isn't :/). Someone, help
ph34r.gif

EDIT

Sorry for not editing my higher post, I totally forgot about that. I'm confused right now what is happening with my Wii
frown.gif

EDIT 2

I checked Tales of Symphonia DotNW and it runs smoothly, zero problems. After that I inserted Animal Crossing and Mario Kart Wii and the same problem occured. What do you think, should I format my Wii, update to the newest version and then install HBC and rest app's? It's really confusing :/.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you playing these games on a USB drive or on disc?

If you're use Memorex DVD-R that explains it." Memorex DVD's work fine one day then turn to junk the next day, I hate Memorex!"
If you're using a USB hard drive it could be going bad."This happened to me with a drive my dad got from work."

Just too possibilities,
Thanks for the MH3 info I cant wait.!

chrPL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playfire.com
XP
Country
Poland
oxMUDxo said:
Are you playing these games on a USB drive or on disc?

If you're use Memorex DVD-R that explains it." Memorex DVD's work fine one day then turn to junk the next day, I hate Memorex!"
If you're using a USB hard drive it could be going bad."This happened to me with a drive my dad got from work."

Just too possibilities,
Thanks for the MH3 info I cant wait.!

I'm playing them from DVD-R, Verbatims only, burned at 4x speed. I don't have a USB hard drive. The only idea I got is that after installing either ciosbugfix55.wad or cIOS rev 14 something went wrong, the problem is I don't know what. As I said earlier, those 2 files installed succesfully and without any errors, so at the moment, I'm really dumb about what's going on.

Maybe really it have something to do with this fixed55.wad? Honestly, I don't know. Even so, then why Tales of Symphonia DotNW (I played it for 2 hours, few moments earlier), Naruto Shippuden GNT EX!3, Okami, No More Heroes.... are running fine? I have too many titles to try one after another to see if it's working. Animal Crossing stops at the loading screens (sometimes when my save is loading, Wii Pointer isn't moving, it freezes but sound still is playing and circle in the bottom screen is moving), Mario Kart Wii when the race begins - in those two examples, after game stops playing (but sound and music is all the time playing), WiiRemote also doesn't respond, although the light on it is blue and flashy as usual.

Odd situation, really
frown.gif
. The only solution I see is to try to format Wii memory via Wii Options, update to the newest firmware via official Nintendo firmware and than instal HBC and other app's using Bannerbomb. However, this is rather risky option, so I'll wait few days and see what happens. I you have any idea or something to help me fix this, I would very appreciate it, really.

And about MH3, no problem, you're welcome
smile.gif

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
never format your wii.

what backup launcher are you using? do you have a modchip (by the way your posts are reading, it sounds like you do).

tried reinstalling cios rev14?

tried running the games using hermes cios 222/223?

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
formatting your wii will possibly brick ou, and as u dont have bootmii installed youd be toast, so if you are really sure that u want to format yourwii make a nand backup with bootmii first. it has something to do with the files that formatting copies over itself. Also formatting may no even help you. only other thing i can think is maybe try to reburn those 2 games at a slower speed just to see if it works, if u have the spare dvds of course. But honestly were all very adamant about u having a nand backup first just in case. it will be easier and safer to try different thigns to help you, without u sayin that bastard bricked me when its too late
smile.gif

chrPL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playfire.com
XP
Country
Poland
0M39A said:
never format your wii.

what backup launcher are you using? do you have a modchip (by the way your posts are reading, it sounds like you do).

tried reinstalling cios rev14?

tried running the games using hermes cios 222/223?

I'm using Wiigator's Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, and no, I don't have a modchip - my Wii is only softmoded. I already installed cios rev 14 along with ciosbugfix55.wad. I still haven't installed Hermes cios. I'm planning to do this later today, but I don't know if this will help me. Okay, I'm not going to format Wii, thanks for caution.

QUOTE(TRushInfo @ Aug 5 2009, 03:02 AM) formatting your wii will possibly brick ou, and as u dont have bootmii installed youd be toast, so if you are really sure that u want to format yourwii make a nand backup with bootmii first. it has something to do with the files that formatting copies over itself. Also formatting may no even help you. only other thing i can think is maybe try to reburn those 2 games at a slower speed just to see if it works, if u have the spare dvds of course. But honestly were all very adamant about u having a nand backup first just in case. it will be easier and safer to try different thigns to help you, without u sayin that bastard bricked me when its too late
smile.gif

If that's the case, then I won't format my Wii. And about burning games at slower speed, it won't help me for sure, because they were working for really long time (6 months at least). The problem occured after installing ciosbugfix55.wad and cios rev 14. Later I'll install Hermes cios and tell you, if that solved my problem (hope it will). Any ideas are welcome, this is the first time something like this happend to me. And as i said few posts higher, other titles (like ToS:DotNW, Naruto GNTEX!3, NMH) are running fine.

EDIT

I installed ios222->ios36 using Hermes, but without ios223->ios60 and ios36 because installer couldn't connect to the Internet (I'm using Nintendo Lan adapter, I don't have Wi-Fi). And it didn't helped me :/. Animal Crossing and Mario Kart Wii are still crushing. Man, what to do? In meantime, I completed Tales of Symphonia with no problems. Help, anyone?
frown.gif
Should I try to install cios rev 14 and/or ciosbugfix55.wad again? Or what?

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had something similar happen to me last night.
I used SoftMii Tweak Toy to change my System Menu theme to the Matrix theme.

A little while after that I wanted to play Wii Sports Resort but it kept booting me back to the Health Screen "where it says to push A".

I had to use the alt dol to watch the Wii Motion Plus Video again, after that Wii Sports Resort is working fine..?

Did you change anything like your System Menu Theme?

My System Specks

4.0U
cIOS38 rev14
Pre-Loader v29 and BootMii beta2 on Boot2
Mad World System Menu Theme
NeoGamma r6 and USB Loader GX 648

This is a odd problem I was thinking you just had a scratched disc or something but I'm thinking it might be a cIOS rev 14 bug now..?
other than that I still have no idea whats going on here..??

chrPL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playfire.com
XP
Country
Poland
oxMUDxo said:
I just had something similar happen to me last night.
I used SoftMii Tweak Toy to change my System Menu theme to the Matrix theme.

A little while after that I wanted to play Wii Sports Resort but it kept booting me back to the Health Screen "where it says to push A".

I had to use the alt dol to watch the Wii Motion Plus Video again, after that Wii Sports Resort is working fine..?

Did you change anything like your System Menu Theme?

My System Specks

4.0U
cIOS38 rev14
Pre-Loader v29 and BootMii beta2 on Boot2
Mad World System Menu Theme
NeoGamma r6 and USB Loader GX 648

This is a odd problem I was thinking you just had a scratched disc or something but I'm thinking it might be a cIOS rev 14 bug now..?
other than that I still have no idea whats going on here..??

No, I didn't changed anything in my Wii excluding softmoding. It'll be easier if I also write my Wii's specs

3.3E
cIOS38 rev 14
HBC channel
Wiigator's Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma and NeoGamma r7

And that's it. See, I told you that this is odd situation :/. I also think that it have something to do with the rev 14... Poor us, don't you agree? :]

EDIT

Problem solved! I just installed cIOS 36 rev 10 and everything back to normal. Kudos for everyone for trying to help me
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1