Gaming wii games file size how does it work

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
so i download modern warfare 3 for the wii and its 4.7gb then i open it in WBFS Manager 3.0 and copy it to my hdd then the size of the file on the hdd is only 64mb how is this possible that the file size for a game like modern warfare 3 can be so low?

szczuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Isn't talking about downloaded games (not legit ones) against forum rules? Ok, but back to the topic? Which format is that CoD before installing to hdd? Iso? WBFS? Are you installing it as wbfs file or directly to wbfs partition?

I've dumped my MW3 (SM8P52) to iso and it's 4,37GB

Last edited by szczuru,

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't talking about downloaded games (not legit ones) against forum rules? Ok, but back to the topic? Which format is that CoD before installing to hdd? Iso? WBFS? Are you installing it as wbfs file or directly to wbfs partition?

I've dumped my MW3 (SM8P52) to iso and it's 4,37GB
It's not against the rules. It's only against the rules if you tell or ask people where to get these files.

Reactions: migles

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
what does downloading it have to do with the file size
It doesn't. Your file is so small due to incorrect configuration. All Wii games are different. SSBB is dual layered. So it needs that configuration in the app to properly output it. However, your case will be a bit more difficult as your game is encrypted as it is a direct dump of an encrypted game.

Last edited by Ruby Gloom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol