Hacking Wii Game Language Patcher

djsika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just Patched & burnt Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors USA & confirm its working 100 % English, Thanks
smile.gif

syn13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stormyuan said:
----
for djsika
abotu "dragon ball 3 PAL", I can't play the game on my JP console , either.
but when I patched the game and changed the video mode(to NTSC 480i)
It showed a flick screen(about the wii remote caution by nitendo like any other game)...
It still didn't work , but I though it might be the video mode problem....

actually i think it is a video mode problem, after i applied the language patcher i used the video mode changer 2.2 to change to ntsc on the smart setting. the flicker is there like you said but the game actually works. i'll try to fiddle with it to see what happens.

Kenshin Br

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm reading that this program will change the language of the game.

Ok, but... Some people are saying that this program allow, for example, Dragon Quest Sword US to run normaly on a japanese Wii.

So, when you change de language, the US game run normaly on a japanese Wii? That is it?

Sorry, but I'm a NOOB and I'm can't undertand what you are doing.
wacko.gif

And, yes, a I have a japanese Wii and I really want to play the US version of Dragon Quest Swords on it.
grog.gif

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Damn! I was hoping Crazy Climber had english only hidden somewhere in there, but if it does, this patch didn´t find it!

The original .dol was no override. After the patch it was [1] en. Still after the burn, Japanese. Oh well, it was a thought.

VascoAlmeida

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
This program together with Wii Video Mode Changer would be AWESOME!!

I was thinking.. What about joining the two programs together ?

That way we could Force the Language, and switch the Region at the same time
biggrin.gif

Two in One
rolleyes.gif

Many people dont use the program cause its too much assle (Dumb people i guess XD) but after creating a program together that would have both functions and would bring Real Free Region, it would make everything easier for everyone
wink.gif

Waninkoko, Already confirmed that with your App and his together he got a game that didnt work to work
biggrin.gif

syn13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for the people who used the language patcher and video mode changer, what video mode did you guys use? i assume that from USA>JP doesn't need to be change as they use ntsc but what about PAL>JP? i've tried a lot of them but they don't seem to work
frown.gif
, thanks for the help.

edit: i just checked that i have tried all the ntsc options available but they don't seem to work...

smarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear sir,

I now worship the ground that you walk on.

I don't think I'm ever going to download/install that eventual trucha fixing patch from Nintendo... ever
smile.gif

ReturnerS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks for your comments and reports. I greatly appreciate them.
I'm trying to clarify the usage:
1. Say you have a PLAYABLE PAL-MULTI5 game, you can specify its language on an NTSC Wii. If the game is unplayable before, this utility may not help and please try VMC to make it playable first.
2. If you have an NTSC-U game which locks up on load or displays Japanese on your NTSC-J Wii, this utility may be able to make it run normally and display English by designating its language as "[1] en". **It's just like use the game on an NTSC-U Wii**.
3. So if the game itself is single-language, this utility cannot force it to display another language. If an NTSC-J game displays Japanese on an NTSC-U Wii before, it still display Japanese after being patched.
4. In the rare case that you want to play an NTSC-J exclusive game which happens to lock up while loading on your non-NTSC-J Wii, you can try to override its language to "[0] jp"

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Awesome! I signed up today... and thanks that I found this thread. I am holding WiiKey, J console. Can i ask that if it work with Big Brain Academy (US) & Parallel Line? I saw that it works for Big Brain Academy (J).

I had a question. So right now I get the file download to my computer (wglp.exe) I need to have Trucha Signer as well, right?

Do I have to extract the ISO (Cooking Mama US) out to my computer in order to carry on the steps? My cooking mama is a burnt copied but I had no idea how to extract it out to my computer. I can't seem to work with DVD Decryptor.

Great to see SMG (US) & Cooking Mama (US) are workable.

AlexDP

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey dude, thanks a whole bunch for this, we all really appreciate your hard work!
I was just wondering if this would work for GameCube games too. For example Star Fox Adventures has English and Japanese on the NTSC-U disc, but when you slip it into the Japanese Wii it auto-selects Japanese and doesnt give you any option to set the language....
Thanks in advance for the info.

moofiee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
wii909 said:
Just tried Super Mario Galaxy USA version on my JPN wii, and it works perfectly, with of course English text.
Absolute massive respect to you ReturnerS for this extremely quick, and simple method
smile.gif

dude did u remove the update ?

sailorWii

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I just patch language with Redsteel Ntsc/u on my J wii.
It still Jp menu and subtitle.
Maybe this method, It's not work all 100 percent.
But i really thank returners.
yaypsp.gif

dweirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
that a great tool really!! but do you think is possible to make this tool from the other hand?
like ntsc-j game on a pal system in english?

ReturnerS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
sailorWii said:
I just patch language with Redsteel Ntsc/u on my J wii.
It still Jp menu and subtitle.
Maybe this method, It's not work all 100 percent.
But i really thank returners.
yaypsp.gif

You also need to patch ROOT\redsteel.dol
Its main.dol is only 411KB. It maybe just a loader.
Maybe I should add a warning to the program if the dol file is too small to be the real main executable...

ReturnerS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
dweirdo said:
that a great tool really!! but do you think is possible to make this tool from the other hand?
like ntsc-j game on a pal system in english?

I'm afraid not. If the game supports English inherently, it will display English automatically when you put it into an English console. This program can only change the system language that the game detects. Setting an ntsc-j game's language to English should has the same effect as running it on a real english console.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi ReturnerS-

By any chance, do you know how can I rip out the games from the burnt copied on to the computer so I can do the necessary language patcher in here?

I had no idea why I load in to my computer, I tried to go into explore. It prompted me:
"Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows."

Does anyone able to help me along with it?

Gokou282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
josho said:
Awesome! I signed up today... and thanks that I found this thread. I am holding WiiKey, J console. Can i ask that if it work with Big Brain Academy (US) & Parallel Line? I saw that it works for Big Brain Academy (J).

I had a question. So right now I get the file download to my computer (wglp.exe) I need to have Trucha Signer as well, right?

Do I have to extract the ISO (Cooking Mama US) out to my computer in order to carry on the steps? My cooking mama is a burnt copied but I had no idea how to extract it out to my computer. I can't seem to work with DVD Decryptor.

Use IMG burn to extract it to an ISO

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Gokou282 said:
josho said:

Use IMG burn to extract it to an ISO

Got it working by ripping out!!! Hurray!

Add on:
Got it out as ISO (Cooking Mama, USA). Trying to open the ISO using Trucha Signer 0.21 but it prompt me, "Error decrypting data". Why was it like this? Did I miss a step or what? weird!

moofiee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
okay got SMG US to work on my jap set.

Heres wat i did.
1. patched and signed it using trucha & wglp
2. WBB IT!!!!!! because of the update included. **veri important step
3. burn @ 4x

TADA!~~~